Senior Software Developer, UX Designer Job
|Location: Fort Worth, Texas
||Date Posted: 8/9/2019
||Category: Information Technology
|Job Code: 8737/9811
Produce a range of UX deliverables to help communicate process and design, such as customer journeys, personas, and mental models. This position can be in the Fort Worth or Dallas, TX offices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Present designs and rationale to stakeholders and customers
- Provide high quality deliverables on-time and on-spec
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers to troubleshoot and explore alternatives
- Serve as UX lead on a project basis and drive usability efforts throughout the development cycle
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Create designs using pre-defined style guides and help extend the existing style guides with new components and design patterns
- Enforce style guide and make sure team is following the standards
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Conduct independent user research and evaluate user feedback to gain actionable insights
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Strong focus on customer satisfaction and enabling user success
- Provide excellent quality UI Designs and help UX Team validate UX/UI quality assurance and offer feedback
- Provide thought leadership within knowledge domain and promote operational excellence across the organization
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- 7+ years of UX/UI design experience
- Knowledge of technology advantages and limitations
- Ability to stay up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Detail oriented, quality driven and possess excellent communication and customer interaction skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Excellent understanding of Mobile / Responsive design principles and implementation.
- Ability to flawlessly execute Photoshop mockups into HTML
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Previous experience within insurance industry
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A- (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
* Paid Training
* Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
* Wellness Programs
* Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401k w/ Company Match
* Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
* Employee Discount Program
* Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
* On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
* On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
* Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: National General Insurance
|Company: National General Insurance