The Technician 3 - Help Desk position is responsible for responding to telephone calls, email, tickets, and personnel requests for technical support.
* Identify, research, and resolves technical problems
* Document, track and monitor problems to ensure timely resolution within
* Assist in tracking and completing help desk tickets pertaining to application,
networking, and systems problems and issues
* Promote a high level of customer satisfaction through proper communication
techniques, and respond with the appropriate amount of urgency to user
* Correct application issues, solve network and security problems, and resolve
common PC software and hardware problems.
* Provide hardware support of PCs, Laptops, Servers, and Network devices, such
as installing replacement hardware or upgrading hardware
* Support Software/Hardware on equipment such as, Scanners, Copiers, Printers,
Monitors and other peripherals, Virtual Desktops/VMware, Workstations, Servers,
Active Directory, Automated imaging solutions, PowerShell Scripting
* Provide support for Windows 7 and Windows 10 by evaluating and
troubleshooting issues including running in-depth diagnostics
* Assign user-name, password and access right permissions for multiple
proprietary applications, as well as client software
* Work with other IT departments and vendors to resolve technical issues beyond
the scope of the Sr. Tech position.
* Perform other duties as assigned by management
* High school diploma or GED required
* Associate degree is preferred
* Minimum 4 years of related work experience required
* Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
* Computer literate and familiar with desktop support procedures
* Knowledge of systems software sufficient to determine if a malfunction is in the
hardware or in the software
* Ability to install and deploy Windows based computers
* Possess working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of products including
Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint, VMware, Active Directory, Automation
scripting/IBM Bigfix/Altiris, automation of MS patching for desktops
* Knowledge of Internet Explorer software usage and configuration
* Ability to work well independently and in a team setting
* Adaptability, flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity and change
* Excellent attention to detail and good analytical skills
* Ability to lift up to 40 pounds required
* Frequent use of computer, telephone, and office equipment (copier, fax, scanner)
A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource.
MAXIMUS is and Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.