Warehouse Worker- 2nd shift Job
|Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
||Date Posted: 8/5/2019
|Wage: $15 - $18 per hour + medical, dental, vision, 401k
|Job Code: req2234
$$ SIGN ON BONUS $$ - $500.00
(paid after 120 working days)
Payrate: $15.00 - $18.00
Shift: Monday thru Friday - 4pm to 12:30am plus OT
Honor Foods is looking for a Warehouse Worker to use the material handling equipment and the warehouse management system to build pallets of product for shipment, receive product into the warehouse, put away product in the fill locations and replenish product into home slots.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow established procedures for loading goods.
- Verify all pallets are accounted for, loaded in the correct temperature zone, and are in the correct order for delivery.
- Ensure that all perishable goods are stored properly prior to loading.
- Safely and efficiently utilize the warehouse material handling equipment
- Hand-stack product on trailers as needed.
- Set all cooling units and pre-cool all trailers before loading.
- Secure all bulkheads by strapping them into the trailer
- Maintain a clean and orderly work environment.
- Utilize dock restraints to secure trailers during the loading process.
- Restack or realign pallets of product as needed.
- Use proper lifting and stacking techniques.
- Properly inspect lift truck, and complete the Daily Inspection Checklist.
- Adhere to all general and powered equipment safety rules.
- Report to work on time, and remain on the job until completed and released by a supervisor.
- May assist with other warehouse-related activities as requested by a supervisor.
- May assist with general equipment and warehouse cleaning.
- Utilize RF units and pick tickets, and receiving documentation.
- Ability to build stable, well-built accurate pallet loads for shipment, understanding the pallet layers, heights, and counting methods used when working with pallets of product.
- Read and understand product descriptions, packaging and pick ticket messages.
- Ability to consistently meet established company production and service level standards.
- Understanding of the operations clerk, order selector, and dock worker duties as they apply to the order selector position.
- Utilize warehouse processes to minimize damage and other wastes.
- Occasionally perform Inventory counting.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must meet minimum requirements on pre-employment testing, including physical ability tests
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds continually during shift
- Ability to consistently meet minimum production standards and company service levels
- Sufficient vision and hearing necessary to operate powered equipment safely
- Basic ability to read, speak, and comprehend the English language
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Analytical- the individual synthesizes complex or diverse information
- Problem-solving - the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Teamwork-Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Oral communication-the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and participates in meetings.
- Quality management-the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Judgment-the individual displays a willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions.
- Planning/organizing-the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Safety and security-the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
EXTENT OF PUBLIC CONTACT
Must be able to interact courteously and tactfully with managers, co-workers, customers and/or vendors to the point that productivity and morale are positively affected.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A combination of standing and walking .
- Includes frequently reaching with hands and arms, and using hands to finger, handle, and feel.
- Includes some crawling, kneeling, crouching, turning, climbing and balancing.
- Includes frequently lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds, and regularly hand lifting and/or moving up to 100 pounds.
- Requires close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and depth perception acuities.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described in this section are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Outside work - all weather-related temperature range and conditions
- Inside work, temperature range -10° to 85° with hot, humid, wet, cold, and dusty environments (non-weather)
- Work on a dock; work around moving objects and mechanical parts
- Noise level (moderate), ventilation (adequate), lighting (adequate)
- Work alone, and work with and around others
- Requires the wearing of company approved hard-toed safety shoes and personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
Honor Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not permit discrimination against or harassment of any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran's status, genetic information, or on the basis of any personal characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
About Honor Foods
Honor Foods, a division of Burris Logistics, is one of the Mid-Atlantic's largest, most trusted Foodservice redistribution companies. Celebrating over 65 years of service, we specialize in grocery, frozen and dairy foods.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: Burris Logistics
|Company: Burris Logistics