Ipas is seeking applicants for our full-time Medical Director position based in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. Ipas works globally to improve reproductive health through access to safe abortion and contraception.
The Medical Director sets Ipas's clinical policies and leads the Quality of Care unit. This unit establishes evidence-based guidance for Ipas country programs, develops and supports clinical risk mitigation strategies, employs digital innovations to expand access to services, and works to increase availability of abortion commodities. The Medical Director advises country teams, Ipas leadership, and the Board of Directors on clinical trends related to abortion and contraception-including services within health systems as well as self-managed care. The Medical Director collaborates with external partners to improve abortion access within the broader reproductive health care field.
* Active medical license (for example, MD, DO, advanced practice clinician)
* At least five years of recent experience directly providing abortion care
* Direct experience working in low-resource international health care settings
* Proven ability to translate evidence into practice recommendations
* Successful history of increasing management and leadership responsibilities
Ipas is strongly committed to providing a work environment that is free from all forms of harassment, discrimination, and inequity. We recruit, employ, train, promote, and compensate our personnel without regard to race, age, sex, religion, national origin, color, creed, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, military service, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, or any other personal characteristic protected by law or outlined by Ipas policy.