Education required: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
Education preferred: Master's degree in related field preferred.
POSITION SUMMARY: This is a key role in our organization with project management responsibility for client-facing technology projects and management of staff resources. This position requires expert-level technical skills in the Microsoft stack, along with AWS cloud-hosted solutions. Responsible for the participation in, and contributions to, business development, proposals and business strategy. Responsible for contributing to the future state of the software solution.
* Project manager for software product implementations and operations.
* Primary point of contact for client.
* Ensure project activities are aligned with scope, schedule, priority and business objectives.
* Review functional specifications, create detailed technical design and technical specifications, and oversee code development and unit and performance testing activities.
* Meet or exceed all operational readiness requirements (e.g., operations engineering, performance).
* Ensure all tasks and milestones associated with technical design, development and unit testing are completed according to project management guidelines.
* Provides technical guidance and coordinates tasks for a wide variety of technical resources.
* Ensures that product configurations and enhancements are made correctly and deployed per our release management plan.
* Responsible for the development and finalization of all technical system documentation.
* Oversee the deployment of software releases to higher environments, including Production.
* Understands resource requirements and project requirements so as to recruit both employees and contractors. Matches skills with project needs.
* Hires and manages staff for projects to ensure proper staffing levels.
* Hires contractors as necessary.
* Assists in contract labor vendor management activities.
* Maintains resource budget to ensure that the resource cost balances with core and project funding.
* Manages consulting/external labor costs effectively, including vendor/staffing augmentation.
* Manages project-tracking activities (e.g., percent complete, revenue recognition, and performance versus schedule and budget).
* Required to respond to client requests for information which may require ad hoc queries to satisfy the request.
* Contribute to the selection of services, technologies, development of standards, and reference architectures.
* In conjunction with division leadership and business development resources, assist with the development of a pipeline of new business opportunities related to the practice area assigned.
* Support MAXIMUS business development activities by providing technical solutions and system architecture documentation for proposal development, demonstrations and oral presentations
* Regular and predictable attendance required.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Ten (10) years Software Development in a Product based organization.
* Five (5) years' experience managing and developing technology staff.
* Five (5) years directly managing projects with P&L responsibility.
* Proficient knowledge of project management tools and techniques including detailed experience with a variety of performance management tools such as earned value and earned schedule analysis.
* Excellent organizational, problem solving, dispute resolution, and interpersonal skills.
* Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with experience working with and communicating effectively and professionally to internal and external stakeholders.
* Must have experience developing and writing solutions for proposals as well as contributing to the staffing and the budgetary components.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Software including Project, Word, Excel and other computer software applications required to perform duties of this position.
* Deep experience deploying solutions in the Amazon Web Services environment
* Expert-level experience in the Microsoft stack.
* Understanding of n-tier Application Architecture (e.g. MVC, SOA) and Design Patterns.
* Project Management Institute (PMP) Certification strongly preferred.
* Experience working with State government clients in the Medicaid systems domain strongly preferred.
* Experience with Database Design and Implementation preferred.
* .NET certification preferred. Other industry certifications and affiliations strongly desired.
A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource.
MAXIMUS is and Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.