The Opportunity | Electronic Engineering Technologist
Under minimal supervision, supports engineering activities such as design, test, check-out, modification, fabrication and assembly of prototype electro mechanical systems, experimental design circuitry, laser/light transmission devices or specialized test equipment. Applications may include electronic circuits, photonics and logic systems. Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform testing, checkout and trouble-shooting functions. Performs operational test and fault isolation on systems and equipment. Assists in determining methods or actions to remedy malfunctions. Assists in the design, construction, test and check-out of test equipment. Uses manufacturing, test, development or diagnostic equipment, including, but not limited to, test programs, oscilloscopes, signal generators and specialized test apparatus.
- Applies electrical theory and related knowledge to complex test hardware and modifies developmental or operational electrical machinery and electrical control equipment and circuitry in industrial or commercial plants and laboratories.
- Assembles and tests experimental motor-control devices, switch panels, transformers, generator windings, solenoids, and other electrical equipment and components according to engineering data and knowledge of electrical principles.
- Modifies electrical prototypes to correct functional deviations under direction of electrical engineer.
- Diagnoses the cause of complex electrical or mechanical malfunction or failure of operational equipment and performs preventative and corrective maintenance.
- Develops wiring diagrams, layout drawings, and engineering specifications for system or equipment modifications or expansion, and directs personnel performing routine installation and maintenance duties.
- Plans, directs, and records periodic electrical testing, and may recommend or initiate modification or replacement of equipment, designs or methods which fails to meet acceptable operating standards.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in a similar capacity
- Technical/Trade School Diploma in Electronics or Electrical Engineering Technology required.
- Experience testing using typical lab equipment, troubleshooting test failures, and documenting non-conformances.
- Ability to assist engineers with concise and accurate test data and feedback on units under test.
- Experience leading and assisting other technicians.
- Must be available and eligible to travel to the United States and Mexico frequently.
- Strong communication skills required.
This position may require exposure to information, which is subject to US export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the Controlled Goods Directorate (CGD).
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.