Job ID: 54019
Hadoop Developer-54019 Position Description:
- The GDIA IT team, within Mobility Platforms and Products, is looking to hire an experienced Software Engineer to join our Interactive Customer Interactions (ICI) HSMS Team
- Be a key player in a Product Driven Organization Product Teams, working closely with the Technical Anchor and other Software Engineers (cross-train, paired-program, etc.)
- Identify areas of improvement (process, performance, communication, etc.) and work with the teams to identify solutions
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Experience building Hadoop applications using SPARK, HDFS, processing inside Hadoop vs edge node, OOZIE, Hive ACID properties, HBase
- Experience extracting, transforming and loading data from relational databases
- Experience in creating CI/CD pipelines and test automation tools like Jenkins, Git and Cucumber
- Experience developing code for an enterprise product
- Demonstrated ability to deliver project commitments
- Experience applying agile practices to solution delivery
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be a self-starter to understand existing bottlenecks and come up with innovative solutions
- Must be team-oriented and have excellent communication skills
- Expertise in open source data science technologies such as Python, R, DataRobot, etc.
- Open to learning new technologies
- Strong understanding of data architecture/analysis and system connectivity/integration
- B.S. Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent work experience in the requested field
At Fast Switch, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Isn't that cool? Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve, and have a little fun along the way.
We at Fast Switch have been doing this for 22 years. We're doing business in almost half the states in the union with offices in Detroit, MI, Columbus, OH, New York, Hartford, CT, Massachusetts, Minneapolis, MN, Los Angeles, CA, San Francisco, CA, and Tucson, AZ.
We're a financially strong, privately-held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things, and we do them for Fortune 10 companies, Inc. 500 companies, and technology start-ups. We also have a strong belief in giving back to the communities we serve.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefits options you can choose just the benefits that you need or want, options include:
* Medical and Dental (Fast Switch pays majority of the medical program)
* Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
* Long Term Disability (100% paid)
* Life Insurance (100% paid)
* 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
In 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, Fast Switch was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press and one of the Best Staffing Firms in 2016 and 2017. We have won the Columbus Business First "Fast 50" award 9 times in 12 years because of our strong growth which translates into more and better opportunities for our consulting staff members.
Ranked '#1' supplier by over 50% of our customers nationally.
Ranked 'Top 3' supplier by over 75% of our customers nationally.
To view all of our open positions, please go to: www.fastswitch.com and at the bottom of the page click Job Portal, or get there directly at: https://www.jobs.net/jobs/fastswitch/en-us/all-jobs/
You can also follow us on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/fastswitch
And you can become a fan of Fast Switch on Facebook at: http://tinyurl.com/y9y3gdp