The Sr. Pega Developer/System Architect will play a lead role in implementing Pega solutions. This includes evaluating change requests, identifying optimal solution design, directing and helping team members, testing and implementing the solution. Should have a positive attitude and excellent communication skills to effectively share the knowledge. Preferred experience within the healthcare industry. The candidate must have hands-on experience with developing and configuring Pega BPM solution including knowledge on code migration. The ideal candidate will have a good foundation of Pega solutions. Knowledge on other case management solutions will be an advantage.
The candidate must demonstrate a willingness to learn new cutting edge technologies and overcome technical challenges in a fast paced environment. The candidate will provide design, and implementation expertise to a cross-functional software development team. The Sr. Pega Developer/Architect will play a key role in leading/designing multiple Pega projects.
This project will be located in Falls Church, VA with occasional travel to project site as needed.
*Responsible for architecting and designing business applications using Pega PRPC and other Pega frameworks
*Develop and configure Pega BPM/PRPC/CRMapplications
*Provide thought-leadership to solve complex technical business requirements.
*Understand business requirements and identify optimal out-of-box solutions
*Provide guidance and technical support, brainstorm solutions and review designs
*Present technical solutions and ensure best practices are followed
*Integrate Pega with external system using standard integration mechanisms
*Respond to technical issues in a professional and timely manner.
*Support the Agency's implementation of its strategic objectives as well as guide the efforts of the MAXIMUS Federal team.
*Develop and manage Workflows, User Interfaces, Activities, Utility, Decision Rules and Declarative Rules.
*Translate business requirements into design/application builds
*Support, perform and troubleshoot deployment issues. .
*Reviews work of other team members
*Analyze, identify and troubleshoot enhancements/bugs for PEGA PRPC
*Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university is required
*CMS, healthcare eligibility experience preferred.
*Previous experience as a lead architect on multiple large-scale product or enterprise designs
*At least five+ (5+) years' experience in PEGA 7.x application design concepts, case design principles, and best practices.
*At least 8+ years IT experience including application development, Relational Database Management Systems including architecting and designing for performance and scalability and working with Object to Relational Mapping schemes for distributed data access.
*Good understanding of PRPC architecture and its relation to J2EE architecture experience
*Develop user interface (UI) elements following modern UI standards and best practices while satisfying 508 compliance.
*Working knowledge of the following PRPC design and implementation topics: (Work Object Relationships, Specialization techniques, Reporting, Routing (Skills based), Rule Resolution/Inheritance/Circumstancing, Class Design, Locking , Persistence, Authentication, Agents, Functions/Java API, Services, Connectors).
*Experience in various types of rules like Correspondence rules, Integration rules, Validation rules.
*Excellent knowledge on using debugging like Clipboard, Tracer and Data Transforms.
*Good understanding of PRPC architecture including the following: (J2EE architecture, PRPC Multi-node architecture, JVM, PRPC Caching, Session Management, Ajax in PRPC, Tracer, DB trace). A combination and good balance of architecture design and hands-on development skills.
*Experience in creating SOAP/REST connectors/services.
*Integrate Pega applications with external APIs, web services and legacy data sources.
*Review the existing documentation and document technical specifications.
*Contribute as necessary to the development of all project artifacts throughout the system development life cycle.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of software solutions that will meet or exceed business requirements; the development effort includes designing and implementing modules to the system specifications, conducting unit testing, troubleshooting issues and producing detailed proposals to resolve issues.
- May evaluate new coding techniques, tools, modules, and implementation as appropriate.
- Lead and mentor entry and mid-level developers.
- Consult on requirements elicitation and definition.
- Design software solutions per systems requirements.
- Code software solutions per designs.
- Code reviews, unit test, and integrate coded modules.
- Assist other developers in resolving issues by providing guidance and training.
- Support testing and remediate defects.
- Support users through troubleshooting and analysis of production logs and data.
- Investigate new solutions, tools, products, and techniques to incorporate into coding standards.
- Requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 6 years with a Master's degree; or equivalent experience.
- Ability to perform complex tasks with minimal supervision and guidance
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Pega Senior System Architect or Lead System Architect certification is required; exposure to Pega Robotic Process automation is preferred
A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource.
MAXIMUS is and Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.