Jacobs is looking for talented individuals to join our team for DISA's Joint Interoperability Test Command (JITC) supporting the Test, Evaluation, and Certification (TEC) contract. We are seeking candidates who have skill sets that can support the full spectrum of IT communication systems and software test and evaluation.
NBIS is designed to provide capabilities in support of background investigations for new applicants; reinvestigating incumbent government, military and contract personnel; and personnel that need clearance for an event (e.g., press for an inauguration) from the appropriate security enclave as part of personnel Security, Suitability, and Credentialing (SSC). NBIS capabilities have both legacy and newly developed applications that encompasses an integrated Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) and Government Off-The-Shelf (GOTS) acquisition model for developing, testing and deploying capabilities.
Jacobs is seeking a NBIS Operational Assessment Tester for our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position is located at DISA HQ, Fort Meade, MD. The candidate will support Joint Interoperability Test Command (JITC) on the task by conducting Operataional Assessment Testing, date collection, data analysis, and reporting.
The NBIS Operational Assessment Tester must be able to apply policies and Test engineering methodologies to analyze the effectiveness of systems under undergoing operational assessment. The NBIS Operational Assessment Tester must be able to function under limited supervision while supporting a full range of responsibilities. Must currently possess and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- Conduct testing in the lab environment
- Interfaces with/presents briefings to Government and Contractor personnel.
- Perform a variety of operational assessments.
- Translate requirements into testable measures
- Perform data authentication and data analysis
- Develop documentation for test plans, procedures, and analysis results
- Write operational assessment test plans
- Write operational assessment reports
- Provide meeting minutes, WARs, and other documentation as necessary
- Ability to work well within a team and to do other duties as assigned
- Work regularly in a laboratory environment
- Provide timely feedback to the team, JITC, customers on identified problems, and associated mission effects
- Master's degree and 8 years of experience; or
- Bachelor's degree and 10 years of experience.
- One year of experience can be substituted by 15 semester hours completed towards a Master's degree.
- Requires at least 1 certification in area of specialization.
- Related certifications in the area of specialization may be substituted for one year of experience. DoD 8570 certification Security+ (or higher) is helpful but not required
- The degree must be in a relevant technical curriculum and experience must be related to the job duties.
Customer relationship management
Translating requirements into testable measures
Conducting and overseeing user tests
Data authentication and data analysis
Reporting analysis results
Documenting test plans, procedures, and analysis results
Assessing various systems
Scenario- based testing
Functional and acceptance testing
Developing test cases
Writing test plans and technical documentation
Managing multiple tasks effectively
Ability to work well within a team and to do other duties as assigned
Ability to work regularly in a laboratory environment for extended periods of time
Ability to travel in the National Capital Region for NBIS testing and meetings
Must have Secret Clearance and ability to obtain a TS/SCI
One or more cyber security related certifications
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require filing, typing, and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, included but not limited to: bending, reaching, turning and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distances may be required.
An inside and outside environment (considerations: closed quarters, close together, lighting). Needs to be able to work well with co-workers and all levels of management. No hazards on job or unusual environmental conditions.
Equipment and Machines
Ability to operate office equipment such as a personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required.
Core work hours will be between 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Monday - Friday. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important, but not critical, except for deadlines and meetings. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.