Sr Business Systems Testing Analyst Job
|Location: Cleveland, Ohio
||Date Posted: 7/26/2019
||Category: Information Technology
|Job Code: 8579/9594
Coordinate and participate in project reviews, revisions, production problem corrections, enhancements, and usability testing of any functionality required to administer policy sales and servicing in the NPS and ANA operating systems while also working with the Business and Development teams. Provide expert business knowledge and technical support to successfully implement system changes in the comprehensive policy and agency management system to comply with filed programs for multiple states, companies, products and lines of business. Develop project plans for simultaneous complex projects. Provide automated testing of various insurance products. Guide and oversee workflow of other analysts when needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Prepare test plans and scenarios for usability testing, execute test scenarios, and verify the production output upon implementation
- Responsible for verifying the accuracy of new states/ products, rate revisions, projects, and production problem corrections, to ensure a quality product
- Provide training for other business analysts to develop department resources therefore improving bench strength
- Work with the Business and Development team as subject matter expert for complex processes
- Ensure a common, consistent product for all states, products and lines of business for internal and external system customers
- Coordinate and document the resolution of problems encountered during and subsequent to the usability testing
- Review and research complex production problems; determine the extent to which they are testing, development, or user errors
- Determine impact of complex issues on the business units, develop alternative work processes until complex issues are resolved, work with developer to recreate problem and recommend solution.
- Provide support to other areas including researching additional factors for overall impact affecting a cost benefit analysis and other analytic or diagnostic services that support decision making by management
- Translate the review of internal vendor service logging mechanisms ensuring tolerable exception ratios are maintained, identify negative or questionable data trends and provide accurate, action-oriented reporting to the business group
- Collaborate directly with internal and external third party service vendors to ensure data integrity and quality systems output
- Develop mastery of both internal and external E-Commerce applications including Comparative Raters and Customer Portals
- Build a library of reusable testing tools for functional testing, database testing, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests and integration testing for product specific quality assurance.
- Develop and execute automated test plans, procedures and scenarios for unit, process, function, system integration and acceptance testing.
- Ensure new applications and software modifications meet requirements and operate satisfactorily in the system environment
- Act in lead role to consult and coordinate with team to ensure testing is completed timely meeting established target dates
- Support off-hours deliveries or periodic off-hours functional testing as needed
- Perform other duties as requested
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 5+ years of prior business analysis experience
- Extensive project management experience and demonstrated skills
- Several years of Property Casualty Insurance experience
- Thorough knowledge of multiple states, lines of business and various product lines, including rating, operations, and overall process workflow
- Demonstrate expert ability to provide guidance to less experienced personnel and prior experience training
- Prior expert system knowledge and understanding of system processes
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of company operating systems and processes including the policy administration system
- Expert ability to conduct investigation and research into system errors and discrepancies
- Demonstrate expert skill in the development of test plans and test cases through thorough analysis of requirements
- Expert understanding of risk-based testing and consistently applies it to testing assignments
- Demonstrate expert knowledge and skills to support testing for all testing functions within the department
- Ability to represent the department and contribute to the strategy of executing the company objectives, with limited management guidance, and based on expert experience
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills, and timeliness in order to meet customer expectations
- Demonstrate effective listening, communicate, interaction, discretion, and diplomacy skills
- Expert organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to aggressive project deadlines
- Demonstrate the expert ability to analyze problems and create effective recommendations
- Possess very strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with business and technical resources
- Perform well in high-energy, dynamic and team-oriented environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
- High degree of initiative, mature judgment, and discretion
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Bachelor's Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- Expert knowledge and understanding multiple products and lines of business
- Proficient with system knowledge and understanding of system processes
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A- (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
* Paid Training
* Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
* Wellness Programs
* Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401k w/ Company Match
* Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
* Employee Discount Program
* Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
* On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
* On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
* Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: National General Insurance Company
|Company: National General Insurance Company