* Develop new business by meeting with prospective commercial customers within the target market.
* Meet with applicants to obtain information; compile and analyze data for loan requests; submit applications to credit analysts for preparation of financial analysis and approval recommendations.
* Recommend products and services to potential borrowers and handle inquiries from applicants including explanation of the loan requirements and process.
* Screen loan requests from based on bank policies and procedures and on types of loans offered.
* Prepare loan proposals and packages in accordance with bank standards for presentation to senior management, loan committee and the board of directors.
* Confer and work closely with credit analysts to expeditiously decision loan requests.
* Present loan recommendations to senior credit committee.
* Build in-depth knowledge of each assigned loan relationship understanding strengths and weaknesses of borrower and risk to bank.
* Inform borrowers of loan commitments and, advise and explain loan terms and conditions; ensure timely receipt of loan payments; and assist in obtaining proper documentation to secure and substantiate loan.
* Maintain an assigned portfolio of borrowing relationships ensuring adherence to quality and risk standards determined by the bank.
* Build customer relationships by cross selling bank products and services.
* Communicate with people within and outside the organization on a regular basis including regulators, auditors, customers, attorneys, and the general public.
* Keep informed of industry changes, trends, and best practices, and assess the potential impact on processes and procedures.
* Dedication to meeting the needs of clients.
* Willingness to be accountable and take ownership of assigned roles and responsibilities.
* Using time effectively and efficiently, valuing the time of others, and concentrating efforts on important priorities and activities.
* Strict attention to details and thoroughness in the completion of job duties.
* Using critical thinking, logic, and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
* Thorough analysis of information and use of logic to address complexity of data and information.
* Developing constructive and cooperative relationships with others.
* High level of coordination, organization, planning, and prioritization of work, and management of one's own time.
* Honesty, integrity, and ethical behavior, the consideration of ethical standards before making decisions, and keeping promises.
* Keeping confidences, operating at the highest standard of confidentiality, and behaving in a manner that engenders trust and openness.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Strong knowledge of selling practices and activities.
* Strong knowledge of credit underwriting practices, policies, and standards.
* Knowledge of principles and practices to ascertain and assess customer needs, meet quality standards of customer service, and evaluate customer satisfaction.
* Knowledge of economic, accounting, and finance principles and practices, the financial markets, banking, and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Excellent presentation skills.
* Strong computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment including proficiency in Word and Excel.
* High reasoning skills including the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
* Ability to apply critical thinking to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions or approaches to problems.
* Ability to read, comprehend, analyze, and interpret legal documents, governmental regulations, and professional publications.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to inquiries from senior management, attorneys, vendors, government agents, and the general public.
* Ability to speak and write clearly in order to effectively convey information so that others understand and as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
* Ability to work independently with little supervision.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 29 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.