Director of Clinical Programs Job
|Employer Name: DESC
|Location: Seattle, Washington
||Date Posted: 7/19/2019
|Wage: 115,724.00 - 130931 Yearly Salary
||Category: Social Services
|Job Code: 112111342
Location: Seattle, WA
Days Off: Saturday, Sunday
Pay Range: $115,724 - $130,931 annually
Shift: Office Day
Insurance Benefits: Medical, Dental, Life, Long-term Disability
Other Benefits: Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), ORCA card subsidy, Paid Time Off (34 days per year), Retirement Plan
Reports to: Executive Director
To be considered, all applicants must submit a cover letter describing their interest and motivation in working in this role for DESC. Please also describe your understanding of the interactive dynamics between behavioral health disabilities, behavioral healthcare services, homelessness, and homelessness interventions and services.
The DESC Clinical Programs comprise an important part of the behavioral health treatment system in King County, particularly for people who are experiencing homelessness or are otherwise in crisis. DESC enrolls and provides outpatient mental health and substance use disorder treatment as part of the King County Integrated Care Network. These services are principally Medicaid-funded. In addition to targeting these services to people living with serious and persistent mental illness, those served in DESC outpatient care are more likely to be homeless, have experience with the criminal justice system, and have more severe psychiatric conditions on average than others served in the broader system. This adds to the complexity and difficulty of the work. DESC's Clinical Programs also include numerous specialty behavioral health services including street outreach and engagement, PACT, Supported Employment, crisis respite, intensive services to assist homeless people obtain housing and treatment, intensive services for Trueblood class members, and low-barrier buprenorphine MAT. An additional major component of the Clinical Programs is the Crisis Solutions Center providing short term voluntary psychiatric care for people diverted from jail and hospital stays, as well as mobile crisis response to assist first responder units countywide assist people in behavioral health crises.
The main focus of the DESC Clinical Programs is to meet the needs of people experiencing homelessness or who used to be in that condition. This involves collaboration with numerous community systems and providers, as well as internal partners in DESC's survival services and permanent supportive housing programs. The total FTE employee count across all Clinical Programs is 265.
Oversees the unique array of behavioral health treatment services delivered at DESC, including mental health, substance use disorder, and specialty behavioral health services. Assures compliance with multiple funding source requirements and guidelines. Maintains a full complement of clinical staff with capability to provide the array of services needed by the population served. As a member of the senior management team, participates in planning, coordination and management of agency activities. Plans for and develops new services and treatment central to DESC's mission.
Position handles a wide diversity of work situations with a high degree of complexity. Considerable planning occurs within the context of an unpredictable external environment in which shifting priorities are common. Position operates under the direction of the Executive Director, but with little direct supervision for many tasks. Position makes budget recommendations, and is accountable for long range planning for program growth and/or reductions, and for appropriate service delivery by clinical staff.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- In coordination with the Executive Director and other senior directors, assume responsibility for the planning, implementation, operation and evaluation of the DESC Clinical programs.
- Assume responsibility for financial oversight of DESC behavioral health programs, including participation in budgeting process, and monitoring of revenue and expenses, acquisition and maintenance of contract funding, and systems for collecting payments and other revenue.
- Assume responsibility for interpreting and implementing applicable laws, regulations, and contractual requirements.
- Oversee the recruitment, selection, orientation, deployment, supervision, professional development and evaluation of all Clinical Programs staff.
- In coordination with other relevant staff, develop and maintain procedures to ensure effective contracts management and compliance with requirements of program funders.
- Monitor funding sources for opportunities to develop and implement new programs and maintain or expand funding for existing programs.
- In coordination with other relevant staff, oversee development of operating procedures and duties for clinical staff, and the development and enforcement of program rules and practices for client and staff safety.
- Work in close coordination with Housing Programs Director and other leadership to assure highest possible degree of service integration within agency.
- Assume responsibility for the maintenance of standards of clinical services quality as defined in Washington Administrative Code and other applicable guidelines and contracts.
- In coordination with other relevant staff, develop and oversee system for data collection and reporting to funders and regulatory bodies.
- Ensure the timely investigation and follow-up of extraordinary incidents.
- Participate in planning and coordination activities of management team; provide information to that team about issues in areas of responsibility.
- Represent the agency and program on community committees, work groups and task forces.
- Participate in writing proposals for on-going and new funding.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with internal and external parties, including partner agencies, funders and relevant other entities.
- Maintain sensitivity to needs/goals/objectives of communities in which programs are located, balanced with the needs and interests of DESC clients.
- Participate in range of advocacy activity.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in social work, psychology, or other behavioral science from an accredited college or university.
- Meet minimum criteria for mental health professional as defined in RCW 71.05 and WAC 275-57.
- A minimum of five years of operational leadership experience.
- Demonstrated experience in contract, financial, and personnel management.
- Excellent communication skills with people across a wide variety of backgrounds and disciplines.
- Subscription to the value of cooperation and continuity across programs and of consideration and respect for clients.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the concepts of co-occurring disorders.
- Minimum of five years' experience in senior level administrative management and professional background in drug and alcohol treatment and mental health.
- Strong administrative and communication skills and demonstrated success in program management and development.
- Proven ability to create and manage change, growth, and continuous improvement.
- Create and cultivate positive organizational culture.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to analyze complex policies and procedures and apply them to services delivered in program.
- Ability to prioritize and to shift focus rapidly to address the spectrum of issues which occur in a typical day.
- Ability to balance service values with financial limitations.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with staff from variety of backgrounds, supervise others, exercise independent judgment and promote teamwork.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and the growth of program staff.
- Ability to use personal computer and learn new software as needed.
- Strong understanding of budgeting processes and management of budgets.
- Public speaking.
- Ability to develop and analyze contracts.
- Understanding of clinical best practices relevant to DESC client population.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
DESC is committed to diversity in the workplace, and promotes equal employment opportunities for all staff members and applicants. The Agency will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability in any employment practice, unless based on a bona fide occupational qualification. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Years of Experience Required: 7
Web Site: http://www.Click2Apply.net/st2yqnttvqt8k2x5
|Contact Name: Apply Online
|Company: Human Resources