FUNCTIONAL RELATIONSHIP (Supervisor & Subordinates)
Direct report of - Supply Chain Manager
Subordinate - Buyer
RESPONSIBILITIES, ACCOUNTABILITY, TASKS AND DUTIES
- Coordinate all purchasing functions, assure orders are properly placed, and all required specifications and documentation are provided to suppliers.
- Develop, negotiate and administer purchasing agreements and contracts with suppliers in support of organizational requirements and quality standards
- Measure and manage the vendor and supplier cost, quality and delivery performance
- Manage risk relating to quality, cost, delivery and supply of purchases
- Troubleshoot cost, quality and delivery concerns
- Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms;
- Identify and source new suppliers and vendors; manage vendor and supplier selection process based on price, quality, support, capacity and reliability
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key suppliers and vendors
- Assist in conducting subcontractor audits by collecting subcontractor pre-audit information
- Maintain list of approved sub-contractor
- Ensure the timely return of warranty products to vendors
- Ensure adherence to requirements of subcontractor management procedure by
- Following the proper subcontractor selection process
- Assist in the generation of bi-annual subcontractor performance statistics and report
- Chairing bi-annual vendor performance review
- Ensuring that appropriate actions are taken
- Maintain Vendor Master and Vendor Part in Purchasing Data Management system to have current vendor data, including contact name, address, phone number, quotes, and performance status
- Assigning subcontractor status based on purchasing procedure requirements
- Maintenance of ERP Purchasing system
- Selects subcontractor unless otherwise specified on engineering drawing
- Review and sign all purchase orders, and any non-inventory purchase orders, including those beyond the authority of the other department managers as directed by the company president (Those beyond the authority of the purchasing specialist will be forwarded to the operations manager or company president for approval)
- All inventory transactions
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or a related field
- Experience in purchasing and procurement
- Knowledge of purchasing and supply chain systems, LEAN principles of planning and MRP/ERP systems often required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong proof-reading and editing ability
- Effective interpersonal skills to negotiate with vendors and interact with peers and management
Take the next step in your career as a Purchasing Manager - APPLY TODAY!
Please contact Scott DeWitte directly at email@example.com for more information on this or any other positions you may be interested in.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States over the past 29 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or protected veteran status.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 29 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.