Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KBAK/KBFX is looking for an experienced Live Desk reporter for our weekday morning show. If you are a morning person with a great personality and breaking news coverage skills, then this is a great opportunity for you! We want someone who has the energy and creativity to create compelling coverage of local and national events in-studio for 4.5 hours of live morning news each weekday. You must be creative, a strong writer, a good communicator, possess great live and unscripted storytelling skills, and have solid news judgement. Our morning reporters are also expected to turn packages for later newscasts and provide daily social media content.
- In-studio reporting on breaking and developing local and national stories
- Reporting breaking news using live feeds from SBG and network affiliates
- Working closely with producers to monitor developing stories nationwide and bring them to our viewers
- Work with video editors to bring compelling visuals to in-studio reporting
- Use digital & social media platforms to report breaking and developing stories both locally and nationally
- Proven knowledge and experience working with current media creation tools and contemporary newsroom systems
- Strong writing and copy editing skills are a must
- Strong delivery of unwritten & ad-libbed news content
- Four-year degree in journalism or equivalent experience
- Must be able to work well under deadline pressure
While completing the online application, please include a web link to your work. Web links are highly preferred. If you do not have a web link, please apply online and then send resume and non-returnable DVD to:
1901 Westwind Drive
Bakersfield, CA 93301
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!