Clinical Coordinator, School of Nursing - Exempt (SSP III), REC 3547 Job
|Location: Carson, California
||Date Posted: 7/17/2019
||Category: Clerical/General Office
|Job Code: 3547
This is a full-time, permanent (probationary) position.
Special Working Conditions: Ability to travel off-campus for recruitment, advisement activities,
and other meetings and work evenings and weekend hours as needed.
Salary Range and Max Salary
The application deadline is: Tuesday, July 30, 2019
The salary range for this classification is $4,691 - $6,683 monthly. Placement within the salary
range is commensurate with experience.
Conditions of Employment
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child
Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU
Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for
employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the
background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate
knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background
check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered
Possession of a valid Driver's License is required. Employees in this position will be enrolled in
the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Government Employer Pull Notice Program which confirms
possession of a valid driver's license and reflects driving record.
Campus Marketing Statement
California State University, Dominguez Hills, was established in 1960 and is one of the 23 campuses
that comprise The California State University system. CSU Dominguez Hills is an urban,
comprehensive public university that serves a culturally rich, diverse student body of over 12,500
students at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Located on a 346-acre site in the South Bay
portion of the greater Los Angeles metropolitan area, CSU Dominguez Hills has a highly pluralistic
student body, which includes a significant number of non-traditional, working adult students as
well as approximately 2,000 students enrolled in distance learning programs statewide. The
University, with its five Academic Colleges, has more than 300 full-time faculty members and is
situated in an area characterized by an extraordinary heterogeneity of people, and an extensive
array of high technology industries and professional services.
Department Marketing Statement
Department: College of Health, Human Services, Nursing - School of Nursing
The College of Health, Human Services and Nursing is comprised of the Office of the Dean, the
School of Nursing, and School of Health and Human Services. Degree and certificate programs are
offered at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
Under the general direction of the Director of the School of Nursing, the incumbent is responsible
for coordinating the affiliations with clinical agencies for the nursing programs, incoming student
advisement, and recruitment for the students for the School of Nursing.
Required Education: Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university in a related
field; including or supplemented by upper division or graduate course work in counseling
techniques, interviewing and conflict resolution.
Required Experience: Equivalent to three years of progressively responsible professional student
services work experience
Preferred Experience: A Master's degree in Counseling, Clinical psychology, Social Work, or a
directly related field may be substituted for one year of experience. A doctorate degree and the
appropriate internship or clinical training in counseling or guidance may be substituted for the
three years of experience for positions with a major responsibility for professional career or
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- General knowledge of the principles, practices and trends of the student services field;
- Thorough knowledge of practice, procedures and activities of the various academic programs within
the School of Nursing and CSUDH or the ability to rapidly acquire the knowledge.
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge of college advising, interview and recruiting techniques;
- Demonstrated teamwork skills and ability to manage a fast-paced team oriented environment with
frequent interruption while accomplishing program goals and objectives;
- Competency and professional currency through self-directed professional reading, developing
professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses and trainings.
-Demonstrate advanced communication skills Ability
- Ability to perceive the possible implications to overall program operation of policies and
procedures developed for the student advisement process
- Ability to gather and analyze data, reason logically, draw valid conclusions, and make
appropriate recommendations via oral presentations and/or written reports
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and complete in a timely manner a variety of complex assignments
without detailed instructions
- Ability to initiatives and resourcefulness in a planning work assignments and in implementing
long- range program improvements
- Ability to coordinate, participate and contribute to group meetings, conferences and interviews
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and college working relationships with campus
department personnel, School of Nursing staff, faculty, administrators and students, as well as
affiliating external agencies
- Ability to determine appropriate course of action and proper techniques to utilize while engaged
with individuals in personal interactions of an argumentative or sensitive nature
- Ability to recognize the need for consultation
- Ability to travel off-campus for recruitment, advisement activities, and other meetings and work
evenings and weekend hours as needed.
Specialized Materials: Requires daily use of computer to use Microsoft Office products; such as
Access or Excel and Word, accessing email and student records, using printers, faxes and copier
Certification: Valid Driver's License
45% - Using a high degree of judgment the incumbent is independently responsible for complex and/or
sensitive assignments related to the School of Nursing (SON) which may include but are not limited
to the following:
- Provides input for program academic policies, and program procedures.
- Prepares reports, surveys and other paperwork for the SON, Board of Registered Nursing, and
Public Health Department as required
- Participates in recruiting and recommending the part-time faculty for hire to teach in SON
- Coordinates and conducts student orientations and BSN and MSN information sessions
- Participates in the orientation of part-time faculty teaching in SON programs
- Advises students individually and in groups when relating complex student matters
- Determines approaches and techniques when mediating student problems and academic issues
- Reviews and monitors students' clinical progression, conditional and probationary status, and
ollects and analyzes data with faculty to support continuous quality improvement of the SON
- Pa tes in the preparation of the class schedule for clinical courses in consultation
with the Director, Coordinator and the Faculty
- Assists in administering progression testing examinations for the SON programs
- Coordination of SON outreach and recruitment
- Evaluates transcripts and other documents as part of the graduate and second baccalaureate
45% - Coordinates the clinical affiliation agreement process for the School of Nursing; duties
include but are not limited to the following:
- Creating, organizing, and updating multiple databases for different customers: graduates,
undergraduates, faculty, procurement department, and college
- Keeping all contracts current by anticipating expirations and moving forward with renewals
- Provides individual faculty with specific contracted elements required for each student
- Comprehensive advising to students regarding the appropriate placements
- Oversees clinical requirements process, including Immunization Tracker system
- Recruits clinical sites when the need arises
- Sending contracts to agencies and following up when no response
- Communicating to coordinators and faculty problems and issues as they arise
- Function as the liaison between clinical agencies and CSUDH Procurement to establish
5% - Maintains personal contacts with students, faculty, and representatives of the outside
community to provide or obtain information for the following:
- Represents SON programs to the external agencies, key stakeholders and BRN related to clinical
- Advocates for the SON programs within the College and University and with external community
stakeholders and professional organizations
- Actively pursues external funding and grant opportunities as available
- Attends off-campus meetings of clinical placement consortia.
5% - Perform other duties as may be assigned by Supervisor and/or Administrator.
How To Apply
To apply for this posting, please visit: https://www.csudh.edu/hr/job-opportunities/ Step 1: Select
and read the qualifications for the position you are interested in Step 2: Click 'Apply Now' at the
bottom of the screen
Step 3: Login or Register (Create Username and Password) Step 4: Select apply with or without
Step 5: Provide contact information and answer required questions Step 6: Click 'Submit'
California State University, Dominguez Hills, is an equal employment opportunity employer, and is
strongly committed to achieving excellence through a diverse workforce. The University actively
encourages applications of all qualified individuals.
California State University Dominguez Hills is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We
consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin,
ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information,
medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status. For more information or
definition of these terms please visit, http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Individuals with disabilities requesting accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
may call the Human Resources Office at (310) 243-3771 or the Academic Affairs Personnel Services
Office at (310) 243-3766.
Clery Act crime statistics for CSUDH are available at http://www.csudh.edu/dhpd/dhpd.htm, or by calling
University Police at (310) 243-3639.
Upon appointment all candidates must furnish proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
The California State University is Smoke and Tobacco Free. Smoking, Vaping and other Tobacco use
are Not Permitted anywhere on University property. Education Code 42356, CCR Title 5, Article 9
Web Site: http://www4.csudh.edu/hr/job-opportunities/
|Contact Name: Julio Arevalo