Electrician - Repair & Maintenance Job
|Employer Name: Siri Info Solutions
|Location: Stanford, California
||Date Posted: 7/15/2019
|Job Code: Siri0001
|Number Of Openings: 1
Contract - 4 + months
A. Characteristic tasks and their frequencies (in order of importance):-
10% - Electrical and Domestic Appliance Repair:
Under general supervision, performs Journey level electrical work involved with the design, installation, maintenance, operation and repair of Housing and Dining Department equipment. This work includes but is not limited to electrical systems of all types, domestic appliances of all types.
Responsible for the installation of various electrical, domestic appliances, fixtures, and equipment which he/she ensures are in compliance with UPC, OSHA and manufacturers requirements, standards, and codes.
1. Understands, applies and ensures compliance with National Electrical Code, Universal Plumbing Code and Uniform Mechanical Code.
2. Ensures compliance with OSHA and manufactures requirements, standards, and codes.
3. Exhibits the knowledge and ability to work with various materials found in the work place.
4. Completes all PM&I tasks required for safe and continuous operation of electrical equipment ,Plumbing and appliances as assigned and within the given time lines.
5. Exhibits the ability to work independently and with little supervision.
6. Exhibits the ability to read and follow blueprints.
7. Appropriately follows oral and written directions.
8. All work is conducted to ensure high quality workmanship and equipment is serviced to industry standards.
9. Correctly inspects and troubleshoots systems for malfunctions.
10. Safely and effectively performs start up and shut down of building systems.
11. Lays out work appropriately.
12. Orders materials in a timely way, to avoid work order delays / rescheduling.
13. Exhibits the ability to install and maintain electrical equipment, fixtures and appliances.
14. Follows appropriate protocol to keep all tools, equipment and keys secure at all times.
85% - Electrical Repair and Maintenance:
Under general supervision, performs Journey level electrical work involved with the design, installation, maintenance, operation and repair of Housing and Dining Department electrical equipment.
Replaces switches, receptacles, light fixtures, ballast's, and relamps light fixtures. Does electrical repair on motors, switches, and controls. Make electrical hook-ups. Performs PM&I on electrical equipment.
Work includes any electrical function as described in the National Electrical Code. Work is done on various voltages and distribution systems up to 480V 3 Ph.
1. Exhibits journey level knowledge and skills in electrical systems and equipment.
2. Maintains and repairs all aspects of electrical equipment and systems, such as: intercom systems, ADA equipment, stoves, refrigerators, smoke detection equipment/ systems, lighting of all types, electrical distribution systems, etc.
3. Exhibits the ability to troubleshoot and correct electrical systems and equipment,
4. Provides project support for projects work regarding electrical equipment and connections.
5% - Domestic Appliance Repair and Maintenance:
Checks, maintains and makes repairs on domestic or commercial kitchen appliances such as, but not limited to freezers, ranges, flat top grills, ovens, disposals, mixers, ice makers, ice cream machines, drinking fountains, dish machines and drinking fountains.
Turns systems off safely and make repairs as needed. Replaces appliances and related systems
1. Exhibits journey level knowledge and skills in domestic appliance repair.
2. Maintains and repairs all aspects of appliances and related equipment.
3. Exhibits the ability to trouble shoot and correct appliances and related equipment.
5% - Performs multi-trade repair and maintenance duties as assigned:
When directed, responds to requests for repair and maintenance outside of normal work tasks.
Maintains electronic work orders assigned through PDA device.
Notifies supervisor when follow up work is necessary or additional resources are required. Provides high quality workmanship in tasks performed.
B. Position Performance Characteristics:
Responsible for meeting time and volume requirements in an accurate, reliable and professional manner. Produce high-quality work that meets established standards and assures the efficient use of resources.
Reports to work in a timely manner as scheduled. Exercise care in use of equipment, material, and capitol assets. Complies with all safety protocols and procedures including PPE as required.
Demonstrates the ability to complete assigned tasks, meets deadlines, thinks and acts effectively and responds to changes in procedures, processes, responsibilities, and assignments in a positive manner.
Communication Skills/Interpersonal Skills:
Communicates verbally and/or in writing efficiently with a variety of other people as necessary. Acts as an effective team player. Participates in maintaining a positive and productive work environment.
Initiative and Execution:
Demonstrates the ability to originate constructive and appropriate action to achieve desired results. Provide follow-through action to achieve desired results in a timely manner.
Maintain a positive service attitude and approach to students, faculty, staff and visitors to the University.
Performs assigned duties in such a way to contribute to internal/external customer satisfaction and confidence in the services provided.
C. Level of responsibility, including the method and frequency with which the work is reviewed, checked, supervised, or priorities set:
Responsible for safe work habits and identification and reporting of unsafe conditions as required by law.
Priorities are determined by the Supervisor. However, at times, the worker may determine sequence in which work is undertaken.
Once assigned, the worker determines work methods and procedures, or with concurrence of Supervisor. Supervisor checks work during process or when completed
D. Functional relationship to other workers and users of the product or service involved:
Maintain harmonious relations with co-workers, residents and other staff members.
E. Responsibility, if any, for planning, scheduling, assigning or overseeing the work of others:
Is responsible for keeping buildings and equipment up to Stanford's standards. Directs other workers in situations calling for additional help.
F. Unusual working conditions.
Wears respirator and other protective safety equipment and clothing as needed.
Must be able to lift heavy materials frequently each day.
Works in all type of weather.
Able to climb on roofs or crawl under buildings.
Responds to emergency calls at night or on weekends.
Willing to work variable shifts at nights or weekends.
Valid California drivers license.
Knowledge of all building codes in his/her trade.
Might be called on to help in other trades.
Capable of learning and applying safe work practices and procedures, including but not limited to: Class III asbestos work, proper use and care of respirators, hazardous waste management and handling, lockout tag out procedures, Injury and Illness Prevention Program, Confined Space procedures, CPR, and chemical safe practices.
Position Type: Contractor
Years of Experience Required: 3
Education Required: High School
Web Site: https://www.siriinfo.com/
|Contact Name: Snehith Kumar
||Company Type: Staffing Agency
|Company: Siri Info Solutions
|State: New Jersey