**We offer competitive wages and have a sign-on bonus available for all qualified applicants**
The Opportunity | CNC Machinist
The Machinist performs routine assignment planning, layout, set-up, operating and making tooling adjustments for various types of manual, CNC and numerically controlled shop equipment. Machinists work from blueprints, process sheets and sketches to perform production tasks, which may include the cutting and shaping of metal to precision dimensions. Machinists may communicate directly with Engineers to understand the purpose of a part assembly. Machinists inspect machining operations against specified tolerances and identify and repair minor machine malfunctions.
- Manufacturing and inspecting detailed parts and tools from blueprints, sketches, drawings and verbal instructions using a variety of machining tools and equipment (mills, lathes, drill presses, grinders, jig bores and other machining equipment) and using mathematical and geometrical calculations.
- Determining how to set up machines based on instructions received
- Performing minor repairs of equipment
- Keeping work area clean and free from safety hazards. Maintain acceptable quality and efficiency level.
- Proving out CNC programs when required
- Graduate of a machining program or 1+ year of experience in a CNC Machinist role
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Ability to read an interpret blueprints, sketches, drawings
- Must be available to work 2nd, 3rd or 12 hour rotational overnight shifts.
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition opens an email client application and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.