Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KGBT has an immediate opening for a creative News Producer. The candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day content on our digital products. This position will also work closely with the News Director, Digital Executive Producer, and Assignment Desk to ensure we are first, accurate and up-to-date on the news of the day on our web page and social media sites.
- Double check content for accuracy, spelling, and typos before posting
- Updating stories and breaking news to insure the very latest content is on the web and social media pages
- Edit and post video to web and social media sites
- Monitor user comments on station sites for inappropriate content
- Set up and monitor live web stream of newscasts and other live news events
- Help on the assignment desk as needed for all shifts
Skills and Experience:
- Technical knowledge of web and social media functions, as well as strong editorial judgment
- The ability to work well with others
- Creativity, people skills, and a positive, can-do attitude are needed
- Solid news judgment
- Be a compelling and accurate writer
- Be able to multitask and manage time in order to put together an exciting and informative newscast
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Strong news writing skills and an understanding of current events
- A college degree is preferred with a concentration in journalism or related field
- Previous experience working in a television news department is preferred
- Knowledge of broadcast journalism
- Knowledge of electronic graphics and newsroom computers
- Possess basic HTML skills
- Proficient with Adobe CS
- Flash knowledge is a plus
- iNews and AVID editing experience is a plus
- Experience with web-content management systems
- Experience at a commercial or competitive college TV station
When applying online, please include a recent web link of your work. If you do not have a link to your work, please apply online and then send writing samples to:
Attn: News Director
9201 W Expressway 83
Harlingen, TX 78552
Please, no phone calls.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!