The Opportunity | Manufacturing Engineer
Under close supervision, assist with various routine analyses, design and/or assembly related to manufacturing projects. Assist with development, implementation and methods, operation sequence and processes in the manufacture or fabrication of parts, components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies. Interfaces with design engineering in coordinating the release of new products. Estimates manufacturing cost, determines time standards and makes recommendations for tooling and process requirements of new or existing product lines. Maintains records and reporting systems for coordination of manufacturing operations.
- Establishes Manufacturing process flow and work instruction. Create and update manufacturing standard procedure, which defines specific manufacturing processes.
- Perform routine operational or methods analyses related to labor standards and reviews product/project flow.
- Provide production line support, implement process improvement and addressing operator inquiries and training.
- Assist in the evaluation of engineering changes and/or other specifications requirements and performs as technical liaison with other engineering personnel such as program management, finance, design, quality, procurement, inspection, and production.
- May interface with design engineering in coordinating the release of new products and conduct review of engineering drawings prior to release.
- Conceptualize and Design tools and fixtures to support manufacturing.
- Maintain equipment preventive maintenance (PM) program.
- There may be travel required with the role to our Manufacturing facility in Nogales, Mexico.
- Bachelors Degree in Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering or equivalent.
- 3-5 years manufacturing experience.
- Ability to read and understand drawings and specifications.
- Knowledge of basic electronic and mechanical assembly principles.
- MS Office (Excel, Project, Word, PowerPoint, Exchange)
- Proficiency in Solid Works or CAD
- Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma environment experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish preferred.
- International travel to Mexico will be 10% - 20%
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.