The Opportunity | Electronics Technician
Under general supervision, the Electronics Technician supports engineering activities such as design, test, check-out, modification, fabrication and assembly of prototype electro mechanical systems, experimental design circuitry, or specialized test equipment. Applications may include electronic circuits, photonics and logic systems. The Electronics Technician will work from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform testing, checkout and trouble-shooting functions.
- Applies electrical theory and related knowledge to test hardware and modifies developmental or operational electrical machinery and electrical control equipment and circuitry in industrial or commercial plants and laboratories.
- Modifies electrical prototypes to correct functional deviations under direction of electrical engineer.
- Diagnoses the cause of semi-routine electrical or mechanical malfunction or failure of operational equipment and performs preventative and corrective maintenance.
- Plans, directs, and records periodic electrical testing, and may recommend or initiate modification or replacement of equipment, designs or methods which fails to meet acceptable operating standards.
- 2-3 years' experience testing using typical lab equipment, troubleshooting test failures, and documenting non-conformances.
- Experience using manufacturing, test, development or diagnostic equipment, including test programs, oscilloscopes, signal generators and specialized test apparatus
- Ability to assist engineers with concise and accurate test data and feedback on units under test.
- High school diploma or Technical Trade school
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.