Good people, working with good people, for our common good.
KeHE-a natural, organic, specialty and fresh food distributor-is all about "good" and is growing, so there's never been a more exciting time to join our team. If you're enthusiastic about working in an environment with a people-first culture and an organization committed to good living, good food and good service, we'd love to talk to you!
The Transportation Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day supervision of timely delivery of product in the most efficient and cost-effective manner, driver safety, driver training, and the assignment of drivers and equipment. Ensure proactive communication with internal staff and customers on route changes, delays, or early deliveries.
- Supervise day-to-day routing in order to maximize efficiency and customer service.
- Proactive communication to internal as well as external contacts regarding route changes, delays, or early deliveries.
- Supervise driver force and ensure drivers are properly trained.
- Ensure driver logs are complete and accurate.
- Ensure DOT and OSHA rules and regulations are followed.
- Supervise DOT compliance using Driver Management Compliance software.
- Provide corrective coaching to drivers and transportation support staff.
- Effectively supervise backhaul program and ensure Inventory Management is updated on backhaul availability changes.
- Ensures drivers accurately complete all company required documentation.
- Other duties and special projects as required.
- Must maintain good attendance.
- Maintain safe work practices.
- Maintain safeguards of confidential company information.
- HS Diploma and two (2) years of previous transportation/distribution experience required. Associates Degree preferred.
- Must be proficient with MS Office Applications.
- Electronic log experience preferred.
Qualifications / Additional Skills / Aptitude:
- Strong supervisory skills to develop driver and support staff performance standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to carry 50 pounds. The associate is frequently required to sit. Must be able to travel. While performing the duties of this position, the associate is subject to a typical office environment. The noise level in the work environments is low to high.