The Opportunity | Engineering Technician
The Engineering Technician is responsible for fabricating test boxes, test cables and test fixtures. The Engineering Technician will assist Design Engineers and Test Engineers in the task of designing test boxes/fixtures/cables to aid during Engineering development and Production testing. The Engineering Technician will assist Test Engineers in the task of creating Visio drawings and parts lists for test boxes and test cables for introduction of new product into full production.
Major Accountabilities /Deliverables
- Designing and building test boxes, test cables and text fixtures.
- Generate ECN's to completion.
- Maintain and release documents to data control.
- Recommend and complete purchase requests.
- Provide accurate time when required by management or engineering to complete a task.
- Experience with digital, analog components, DSub, MDM and Circular connectors.
- Familiarity with multimeters, power supplies, crimp tools, drill press and soldering irons.
- Familiarity reading schematics and CAD drawings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 1-2 years' experience as a Technician or Engineering Technician.
- Experience using Microsoft Office tools and Visio.
- Technical/Trade school or Associates degree in Electrical Technology/Engineering preferred.
Curtiss-Wright is proud to offer our employees a comprehensive total rewards package:
- Competitive Pay
- Health and wellness benefits, including medical, dental, life insurance and more
- Savings opportunities for retirement, with an opportunity to become a shareholder
- Learning and development opportunities
- Recognition for your contributions
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.