HR Assistant - Customer Service and Support Job
|Employer Name: Tacoma Community College
|Location: Tacoma, Washington
||Date Posted: 6/27/2019
||Category: Human Resources
|Number Of Openings: 2
This position is for (2) Part-Time Human Resources Assistants.
Perform Human Resources and administrative related customer support. Be the first point of contact to the public to receive visitors, answer questions and assist students with general campus information. Perform specific projects related to departmental priorities in support of processing employment, recruitment, faculty, payroll, benefits, leave and absences for the College. Compiles and maintains employee files, records, assists with daily administrative tasks.
• Greet the public, answer telephones, receive, and refer College visitors, give general information concerning the Human Resources department and take messages.
• Perform focus projects to meet specific goals that require attention to detail, discipline and initiative throughout.
• Input and update system data and provide general office and clerical support to the department.
• Prepare personnel/payroll folders for newly hired employees, file personnel paperwork including I-9's according to federal regulations and departmental procedures.
• Communicate and collaborate effectively and efficiently with the department staff on assigned projects on a daily basis.
• Input new employee hire information into PeopleSoft including performance of required background checks.
• Perform credential and degree verification for newly hired employees as required by job allocation and classification.
• Perform data entry validation and review information for accuracy.
• Assist with employee years of service tracking.
• Assist with tracking of hourly employees through a variety of reports.
• Perform front counter customer service inquiries in respect to pay, records and general information regarding human resource services.
• Process information for separated employees in accordance with departmental procedures and retention requirements.
• Maintain official personnel records and other related employment records and reports including but not limited to official personnel files, work related accident files, personal data forms, employment reports, and electronic data as needed
• Maintain and audit I-9 records for accuracy.
• Input and update employment related changes into the PeopleSoft for employees as requested.
• May receive, sort and distribute mail.
• Perform projects and other related tasks for Human Resources staff.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• High School graduation or equivalent.
• Two years of reception and clerical experience.
• Intermediate level experience with business software programs such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Associates degree from an accredited college or university.
• Experience working in a Human Resources office.
• Experience working with HRIS database systems, such as Peoplesoft and Neogov.
Conditions of Employment
• Successfully pass a criminal history background check prior to employment.
• Completion of a signed confidentiality agreement prior to employment.
• Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
• Ability to sit for extended hours at a time.
The Successful Candidate Must Demonstrate
• Reliability and integrity in maintaining assigned work schedules and completing assigned tasks using sound judgment.
• Strong written, verbal and organizational and problem solving skills.
• Strong critical thinking skills.
• Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
• Excellent customer service skills; including building and maintaining internal/external customer satisfaction and the ability to problem solve.
• High levels of confidentiality at all times and under all circumstances.
• An appreciation of diversity and the benefits of a commitment to cultural awareness and sensitivity in the workplace.
• Ethics, integrity and sound professional judgment.
• Professional telephone and email etiquette.
• Electronic email and internet skills.
• Ability to be self-directed and work independently in a team environment.
Application Materials & Procedures:
Complete application packages must include the following:
1. Tacoma Community College online application.
2. Cover letter and Resume. In your cover letter please tell us about your experience working in Human Resources or similar business performing related duties.
Terms of Employment:
This posting is for (2) temporary, part time hourly positions scheduled to work varied hours up to 17 hours per week. Flexibility in scheduling is required to meet the needs of the department. The hourly rate for the position is $15.00 per hour.
Tacoma Community College values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator
Tacoma Community College provides equal opportunity in education and employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, creed, religion, or status as a veteran of war. Prohibited sex discrimination includes sexual harassment (unwelcome sexual conduct of various types). Provides reasonable accommodations for qualified students, employees, and applicants with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Federal Rehabilitation Act. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Stephen Smith, Title II and Title IX, 253-566-5055; Dolores Haugen, Section 504 Officer, 253-566-6090. Tacoma Community College is a smoke-free/drug free environment. This recruitment announcement does not reflect the entire job description and can be changed and or modified without notice.
Tacoma Community College
6501 S 19th St Bldg. 14, Tacoma WA 98466
Position Type: Part-Time Temporary
Years of Experience Required: 2
Education Required: High School
Tacoma Community College has recently been listed as one of the nation's top 150 community colleges by the Aspen Institute College Excellence Program. TCC is a diverse, creative and engaging institution - recognized nationally as an Achieving the Dream Leader College. The college enrolls approximately 11,000 students annually and is located on a 150-acre site in west Tacoma. The Tacoma-Pierce County area, located on beautiful Puget Sound and framed by the Cascade and Olympic mountain ranges, offers residents and visitors a wealth of cultural and recreational opportunities. The city of Seattle is located 35 miles north of Tacoma.
Web Site: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/tacomacc/jobs/2479418/hr-assistant-hourly
|Contact Name: Teri Ievers
||Company Type: Employer
|Company: Tacoma Community College
The job advertiser has chosen to disable the [Apply for Job] button above
and provide direction to apply within the ad.