The Opportunity | Maintenance Repair Technician
The Maintenance Repair Technician performs repair and maintenance to OEM equipment and support components. Candidates must be able to work on the job site, both shipboard and in a shop environment. Ability to work unsupervised on reciprocating, electromechanical and rotating equipment.
Major Accountabilities /Deliverables
- Performs electrical or mechanical troubleshooting to determine a variety of problems on various equipment installed on board Naval Vessels
- Dismantles, adjusts, repairs and assembles equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manuals, rough sketches or drawings.
- Completes required reports and QA Documents to go with project
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar role
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics, mechanical drawings and hydraulic diagrams and perform alignment check on all machines, diagnose, and make corrections.
- Ability to work overhaul equipment utilizing tech manuals and other repair documents.
- Ability to work unsupervised on reciprocating, electromechanical and rotating equipment.
- Must be able to obtain a Security Clearance.
- Ability to work overtime when necessary and travel up to 65% is also a must.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, able to go into tight accesses and be able to go up and down ladders to access equipment.
- Expected to have or purchase basic hand tools.
Curtiss-Wright is proud to offer our employees a comprehensive total rewards package:
- Competitive Pay
- Health and wellness benefits, including medical, dental, life insurance and more
- Savings opportunities for retirement, with an opportunity to become a shareholder
- Learning and development opportunities
- Recognition for your contributions
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.