The Opportunity | Buyer
JOB SUMMARY: Perform tasks involved in purchasing highly technical complex and/or high value materials, supplies or services for Department of Defense related products. Evaluate bids, select and recommend suppliers, and negotiate price, delivery, quality, and service to ensure "best value" procurements. Manage supplier performance and follow up on all awards until completion of order. Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision.
PRIMARY ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate bids, select and recommend suppliers and negotiate price, delivery, quality, service and terms and conditions
- Read/understand Purchase Orders and Terms and Conditions
- Read/understand published pricing indices and learning curves
- Manage supplier performance and follow up on all awards until completion of orders
- Negotiate and settle with suppliers regarding damage claims, rejections, returns of materials, over-shipments, cancellations and engineering changes
- Conduct supplier visits and rate them as to production capability, performance and delivery
- Comply with corporate policies & procedures as well as DFARS CPSR compliance for the purchase of goods, materials and services.
- Experience with Oracle ERP System
- Excellent written and verbal skills with suppliers and customers (internal and external)
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with Suppliers/Customers/Auditors
- Teach/mentor other Sourcing team members
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain , Business Management or Engineering
- 2 plus years of purchasing experience within a low-volume, high mix manufacturing environment
- Experience working with and knowledge of Government contracting practices, including hands on experience with the FAR & DFARS, contract negotiation, and related laws and regulations is an asset
- Exposure with the Institute of Supply Chain Management or APICS
- CPSM or APICS certification is a plus
- Must be US citizen and be able to obtain DOD security clearance
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build supplier relationships
- Ability to think on your feet and make quality decisions
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.