The Opportunity | Senior Buyer
Responsible for purchasing a variety of complex or technical supplies or services. Coordinates purchasing activities with manufacturing, planning and engineering departments to acquire inventory in a cost effective and timely manner. Processes purchase requisitions, purchase change orders and requests for quotes to suppliers. Monitors the cost, schedule and scope of assigned subcontracts to negotiate highest quality at best value. May recommend cost saving proposals including make-versus-buy analysis or alternative sourcing. Interacts closely with suppliers and QA to resolve quality issues. Works with management to address all aspects of commodity management, including procurement support, commodity business plans, market trends assessment, pricing, and product availability.
- Evaluates bid, selects and recommends suppliers
- Follows up on all awards until completion of order
- Negotiates and settles with suppliers regarding damage claims, rejections, losses, return of materials, over-shipments, cancellations and engineering changes
- Conducts supplier site visits and rates them as to production capability, performance and delivery
- 4-6 years of experience purchasing for military applications
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with MS Office
- Good oral and written communication and math skills
- Knowledge of engineering drawings, purchasing techniques, and understanding the make/buy process and cost structure
- Must be able to perform price and cost analysis
This position may require exposure to information that is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.