Contracts Administrator 3 Job
|Location: Fort Walton Beach, Florida
||Date Posted: 6/19/2019
|Job Code: ATE00039S
Jacobs is currently seeking a Contracts Administrator to support the Contracts Department in the SALTT Support Center located in Fort Walton Beach, FL.
Provides a broad range of pre-award, award, and post-award contract administration functions to a diverse group of US national and foreign clients in areas such as range operations, test & evaluation, software engineering and development, systems acquisition, advisory and assistant services, mission planning, laboratory, base, post, station operating support services. Negotiate terms and conditions, award subcontract agreements and close prime contract and subcontract agreements using related documents as necessary. Draft related documents to support contract negotiations, administration and close-out. Provides training to customers and junior contract administrators. Assist with DCAA, SARBOX and DCMA audits as required. Provides support to the Senior Contracts Managers and Department Directors on a full range of contracts, task orders and subcontract agreements. Involved in complex contracts projects. .
- Prepare, issue and respond to Requests for Quotation/Proposals/Task Orders from customer organizations.
- Prepare, review and process Non-Disclosure Agreements and Teaming Agreements
- Perform prime contract and subcontract negotiations and administration functions in accordance with the FAR, supplements, and the SALTT Purchasing manual
- Negotiate and close-out prime contracts and subcontract agreements and related documents.
- Act as focal point for Government related contractual matters on assigned work
- Support assigned Program Manager and/or Business Manager on contractual matters relating to their assigned programs
- Record and manage key contract information using various contract databases and systems
- Provide customer training on contracting related topics
- Administer GSA prime contracts if requested
- Assist Director of Contracts, and Sr. Contracts Managers as assigned
- When requested, serve as training lead, and contract reviewer for other contracts support personnel as needed
*This list is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree; business related area preferred. (Contracting, acquisition management, accounting/finance, management,)
- Ten (10) years recent Department of Defense or other US Federal government contracting experience.
- Additional relevant education may be substituted for progressive experience.
Training and Certifications:
- Specialty Course or Certificates in Government Contracts (desired) such as Defense Acquisition Career Development Program Certificate Level II or III, Experience as a DoD Contracting Officer or Contracts Manager responsible for review and approval of contract and subcontract actions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Range Operation, Advisory and Assistance Services, Hardware/Software development programs and/or Research and Development, laboratory and base, post, station support services associated with US Department of Defense Contracts
- Experience in Federal Government, DoD and/or major Aerospace prime contract administration
- Experience with Cost Reimbursement, Fixed Price and Time and Material Contracts and Subcontractors
- Must be self-starter with the ability to provide solutions to complex contracts
- Works well with others in carrying out assigned responsibilities
- Must have demonstrated ability to work independently, on tight schedules, and still provide high quality work
- Excellent Oral and Written communication skills.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Familiarity with Financial Systems (i.e. JAMIS, Deltek, PeopleSoft) desired but not required.
- In-depth knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), DFARS and other Federal regulations. Knowledge of Cost Accounting desired but not required
- Working knowledge of export Control Rules and Regulations and Foreign Military Sales activities
- Sits for long periods of time.
- Work will involve using a computer approximately 75% of the time, and thus requires sitting for extended periods.
- Some occasional light lifting and bending may be required when handling hard copy files.
- Must be able to work independently and with a group of people.
- Must embrace Beyond Zero/Safety principles of Jacobs to include; adhering to safe work practices and standards while performing daily tasks, taking responsibility for own and coworkers' safekeeping and encouraging others to work safely.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner to get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Must perform work activities requiring interaction, negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others.
- Must be able to work under supervision and respond appropriately and professionally to criticism from a supervisor.
Standard office equipment and machines:
personal computer, scanner, copy machine, telephone, printer, fax machine, and other office equipment including desk supplies.
With the exception of STD/LTD/FMLA & approved time off, attendance is considered an essential function. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Standard work schedule is 8 hours per day 40 hours per week. Ability to participate in a 9/80 work schedule. Must be able to work within the core hours of 9:00 am and 3:00 pm Monday through Friday.
Other Essential Functions:
Must pass drug testing.
Must be able to secure and maintain a security clearance, if applicable.
Must be able to read and write effectively in English.
Must embrace Beyond Zero/Safety principles of Jacobs to include; adhering to safe work practices and standards while performing daily tasks, taking responsibility for own and coworkers' safekeeping and encouraging others to work safely.
Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner to get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
Must perform work activities requiring interaction, negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others.
Jacobs is a global technology company, delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. We test, operate, sustain, and secure critical infrastructures and weapons systems using unique technology application and agile software development capabilities to improve mission capability and operational readiness. Jacobs' deep experience with advanced technology systems and our wide-ranging program support capabilities work together to make us a premier partner to aerospace and defense clients at locations around the world.
Start Date: ASAP
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: Worley