Agriculture loan officers, or agricultural lenders, work to help farmers and rural citizens obtain funds needed to fund their operation, purchase property, and more. Ag lending is more than just cold calling prospects. The right individual will need to meet with farmers and business owners face to face to build relationships. Knowledge of the industry, the market area, and keeping up to date with rules and regulations. This company is looking for an individual who is family oriented and has a passion for the Ag industry and helping others.
- Seek lending relationships with existing customers
- Actively call on prospective borrowers
- Explain to customers the different types of loans and credit options that are available, as well as the terms of those services
- Develop and analyze all types of credit information
- Combine agricultural and business knowledge with an in-depth understanding of each customer's current financial position in order to provide innovative and workable alternatives to solve problems the customer faces in their ongoing farming operations
- Manage and grow existing loan portfolios
- Participate in community and industry events
- Prepare credit analysis on assigned portfolio directly or through the use of a credit analyst
- 5-10 years of Ag lending experience preferred
- Credit and underwriting experience is a plus
- Degree in agricultural business, business, accounting or finance preferred
- A general understanding of agriculture is very valuable and desired.
- Strong Communication Skills
- Works well independently and as part of a team
This opportunity includes an excellent compensation and benefits package. This bank prides itself on retaining employees and has one of the best tenure backgrounds in the area - competitive salary and bonus incentive program.
To find out more about this position and have a confidential conversation, please contact Jason Riechers at (605) 277-9952 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 29 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.