Pest Line of Business Services Product Manager - Rentokil Job
|Location: Portland, Oregon
||Date Posted: 6/14/2019
|Job Code: 2019-18262
Pest Line of Business Services Product Manager
Purpose of Position
The Pest Line of Business Services Product Manager is a business leader focused on delivering unique and compelling bed bug, termite, mosquito, and insulation services to meet the constantly changing demands of internal and external stakeholders. This position will play a pivotal role in defining service and program requirements, go-to-market strategy, and tirelessly championing the needs of our customers. This role will require coordination across many internal and external teams in order to achieve success. The person in this role will work with our customers, partners, colleagues, and operational stakeholders to research new service opportunities, spearhead the definition, development and deployment of new capabilities, prioritize roadmap features and manage the success and life cycle of new and existing services.
In addition to service development and planning, this position will be responsible for the forecasting, pricing, and P&L optimization of developed services. The Pest Line of Business Services Product Manager will own marketing in positioning, promotion, and sales enablement. This role requires working through ambiguity, demonstrating good judgment under pressure and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Our ideal candidate is a self-starter, conceptualizing and leading complex initiatives from end to end, and has an entrepreneurial spirit. This candidate should be comfortable working both at the strategic level and diving deep into details as needed to ensure high quality execution. This candidate will take ownership and be able to influence others to deliver on goals while working collaboratively with a diverse set of internal teams to achieve success for existing and new products and services that solve real problems for our customers and internal stakeholders
The ideal candidate must have exceptional problem solving skills, strong business judgment, and demonstrated experience leading cross-functional teams. We are looking for a proven ability to execute both strategically and tactically, and someone who is excited to take on new, ambiguous projects that will be industry defining.
Primary or Key Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop formal insights into market (trends, market analysis, SWOT, competitive review, pricing, customer buyer behavior).
- Research and establish feedback loops with customers and partners to drive feature prioritization, development road maps, follow-up actions and communications.
- Develop new programs, service features and service requirements.
- Identify target market segments, segment sizing and ideal customer targets, and design forward-thinking positioning approaches for each segment.
- Define messaging and value propositions and be accountable for the overall go to market plan, including the revenue forecasts, adoption goals, pricing, annual pricing strategy, and service strategy.
- Creating the product strategy for new services that appeals to unique needs and requirements of prospects and customers.
- Deliver enablement assets and training materials for sales and partners (sales plays, first call decks, battle cards, videos, playbooks, white papers, and more).
- Managing the entire service life cycle from strategic planning to tactical execution.
- Driving sales by enabling business development and sales teams, leading calls with key customers, creating tools to support the success, helping to identify opportunities to increase that success.
- Achieve annual sales targets for each line of business.
- Develop a clear product launch and commercialization process and methodology to ensure success at all levels; internally and externally.
- Manages all development/management key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Support the design and execution of sales channel plans and go-to-market actions, including the development of sales enablement tools and methodologies.
- Support and manage all service related go-to-market activities.
Key functions and outputs
- Specify the research needed to obtain market information ato determine customers' needs.
- Review specifications and requirements, and appraise new ideas and/or changes, to recommend the nature and scope of present and future service.
- Compare the company's product to competitors' products and assess market competition.
- Own product marketing communication objectives to direct the efforts of product line communications.
- Be responsible for supporting the delivery of product performance results; revenue, and the number of users.
- Act commercially, with respect to deriving/sharing product market data, interactions with customers (Voice of Customer, Sales calls, etc.) and field salespeople.
- Prepare short-term and long-term product sales forecasts, special reports and analyses, and answer questions and requests to provide information to management.
- Analyze proposed requirements and development programs; prepare return-on-investment analyses; establish time schedules with Operations, IT, Sales and product development to brings new services to market.
- Develop time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, and production to introduce and market new products.
- Use market research data; review production and sales costs; anticipate volume; cost special and customized orders to drive product pricing.
- Attend educational workshops, review professional publications; establish personal networks, and participate in professional societies to maintain professional and technical knowledge.
- Embody the Rentokil values of Service, Relationships and Teamwork.
- Deliver Results
- Ambition to achieve goals/objectives and the discipline, organization and perseverance to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Focus on delivering improved performance.
- Demonstrate understanding of what high performance looks like in their area of the business.
- Set challenging goals for self and others.
- Seek feedback from others in order to plan performance improvement to achieve goals.
- Appear energized and energizes others by exceeding set goals.
- Develop clear and realistic targets and plans for self and others, to ensure optimum delivery of specific objectives.
- Strives to overcome perceived obstacles.
- Challenges established ways of doing things to achieve goals more effectively.
- Act Commercially
- Ability to gather and make sense of large amounts of information and apply it to make business and customer focused decisions.
- Analyze problems thoroughly and make good and timely decisions.
- Use understanding of trends and patterns in business data to develop business plans, actions or processes.
- Research the competitive environment to identify opportunities and threats.
- Use financial and business information to identify key activities that are linked to high performance.
- Review the business processes and activities in order to seek improvement.
- Make tough business decisions in light of customer and commercial requirements.
- Manage Self
- Manage emotions to remain calm, focused and optimistic while dealing with a constant stream of demands.
- Display courage.
- Show awareness of both positive and negative impact on others and how this affects outcomes.
- Adapt behavior to positively affect outcomes.
- Express a belief that they and colleagues possess the capability to resolve challenging issues.
- Ask for feedback from others and uses this to plan development.
- Resolute in sticking to decisions that are beneficial to the business, even if they are not popular.
- Coach and Develop
- Encourage long term development of others to build capability.
- Provide structure and consistent feedback.
- Provide specific positive and balanced feedback for developmental purposes.
- Give negative feedback in behavioral rather than personal terms.
- Provide suggestions to others on how to tackle areas for development.
- Use the information from the Performance Development Review to identify strengths and areas for development for others.
- Celebrate success.
- Work with Others
- Build relationships and collaborating with others (e.g. customers, colleagues, partners & suppliers) to achieve our mission.
- Involve others.
- Seek input and opinions from others to help make a specific decision.
- Build and maintain positive relationships in the team by valuing others' contribution and experience.
- Demonstrate willingness to learn from others' experience and contribution.
- Work in partnership with others to achieve individual and team objectives.
- Take initiative to resolve conflict through listening to all parties.
- Display Leadership
- Ability to inspire others to achieve Rentokil North America's objectives and to hold them accountable for high standards of performance.
- Make the team effective and hold individuals to account.
- Create the environment that enables the team to perform at its best (e.g. engaging others in the vision, providing appropriate structure, getting the right people, keeping up morale).
- Effectively delegates responsibility, providing support as required.
- Demand high levels of performance, quality of service, and holds people to account by ensuring targets are met.
- Recognize as the natural 'go to' person.
- Develop relationships across the teams and inspires others to achieve results.
|Program of Study|
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite 2007 or later, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Google Suite and associated programs frequently used at Rentokil North America.
|Years of Experience|
|Type of Experience|
|Marketing/Sales/Product management experience|
Prior supervisory experience
Certifications & Licensures
No licenses/certificates are required for this role.
This is a full-time position. While the Pest Line of Business Services Product Manager will report to an office, occasional travel to North America sites may be required. There may be overnight travel required.
Work Schedule: This job tends to have regular office hours but may have extended hours due to time-sensitive sales deadlines and time frames. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: Rentokil