Job Title: Quality Engineer
Responsible for quality system development and supporting product quality improvements. Develops, maintain and deploys Quality Plans and activities that translate Customer requirements into planned activities. Ability to work independently and to provide technical training and mentorship to junior Engineers, Technicians and Inspectors.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include performing quality engineering tasks associated with product assurance in support of new product introduction, current product, and manufacturing/test quality oversight. This individual will review and provide input for product quality planning including PFMEA analyses, quality hold points, manufacturing/test work instructions, nonconforming product dispositions, root cause corrective actions and continuous improvement efforts for current production components and assemblies.
- Develop product quality plans for new product introduction that include requirements for in-process inspections, internal and external quality hold points, FAIs, testing, etc.
- Drive continuous improvement processes related to business and manufacturing processes.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering and Manufacturing to ensure that they understand requirements related to contract compliance, engineering documentation, FAI process, nonconformance process, RCCA process, workmanship standards, etc.
- Manage production non-conformances and help improve manufacturing quality to achieve customer quality metrics.
- Lead on-site audits, evaluate prototypes, and review and approve corrective actions.
- Conduct in-process inspections and first article inspections.
- Review and approve first article inspections.
- Act as customer and management interface in resolving and managing customer quality issues and driving root cause and corrective action on manufacturing process and product quality issues.
- Develop and deploy SPC initiatives.
- Provide support to quality technicians.
• Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical field or equivalent experience and a minimum of 5
years of appropriate industry experience
• Proficient technical expertise and knowledge including precision machining of components and fabrications for large
complex assemblies and rotating machinery
• Proficient with ISO Standards, 6 Sigma tools, Statistics
• Ability to read blue prints and understand industry and military specifications
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, communication, writing and computer skills
• Ability to define problems and drive to root cause and effective corrective action
• Audit experience on ISO 9001 or AS9100 standards
• US citizen required
Additional Desirable Qualifications Skills and Knowledge
• Experience with Naval shipboard equipment manufacturing helpful
• First Article Inspection experience to AS9102 preferred
• ASQ certification or Black Belt preferred
• Ability to obtain a security clearance required
• DoD experience preferred
Must be able to perform the following activities in order to perform in-process and first article inspections:
walking, bending, stooping, kneeling, etc.