The Buyer/Planner I role is responsible for purchasing and planning a wide range of materials to support production schedules in a fast paced environment. They will work closely with Scheduling, Order Writing, Materials, and Production departments to ensure timely delivery of components and other materials. The Buyer/Planner I will analyze MRP data and control appropriate inventory levels to ensure supply meets demand through identifying proper sources, obtaining quotes and placing orders for material requests through the MRP/ERP system.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Analyze MRP data and control appropriate inventory levels to support production schedule
- Run MRP report and issue purchase orders to suppliers
- Ensure the timely delivery of components and other materials through order confirmations
- Track and expedite purchase orders as required, including monitoring backorder status
- Ideal candidate will be detail oriented and demonstrate the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Effectively utilizing available resources to meet planned production requirements
- Manage the supplier relationship for the respective location
- Negotiate pricing with suppliers based on estimated annual usage to better control costs
- Work with accounts payable for new vendor set-up, invoice discrepancies, and credit memos
- Properly set-up new part numbers with all of the required part master information
- Work with the ATG Procurement Manager on supplier negotiations to reduce business risk
- Work well in a team environment, especially across departments
- Other duties as assigned by the Supply Chain Manager
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with applicable Federal and State laws.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
- BS/BA in Business or Supply Chain Management plus 1-3 years relevant work experience
- OR Associates degree plus 3-5 years relevant work experience
- 2 years in a supply chain related role preferred (e.g. planning, purchasing, procurement, material management)
- Experience in a manufacturing or production environment
- Understanding of supply chain concepts and best practices
- Demonstrated competency in Microsoft Office and MRP/ERP systems
- Basic understanding of truck equipment and accessories
- Strong understanding of effective communication
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Requires working in a seated position for the majority of working time. Also may require intermittent walking, standing, bending, squatting, kneeling, twisting and stooping.Requires the ability to lift 5 pounds regularly with occasional lifting to upwards of 20 pounds.