|Location: Newark, New Jersey
||Date Posted: 6/11/2019
|Job Code: BBBH29122
Scope of Work
- Our Client is actively pursuing a qualified Big Data Developer to help design & develop strategic efforts that focus on building and leveraging information assets to improve sales and service activities for our business partners with a specific focus on big data technologies and development of data and analytics solutions on big data platforms.
- The candidate will play a key role in defining the application and data architecture on large initiative to migrate legacy and existing systems to big data and associated reporting and analytics platforms.
- The candidate will possess strong technical skills, methodical approach to be able to come up with efficient solutions to solve big data and application development technical challenges.
- The right candidate will be a knowledgeable, hands-on technologist with a strong background in Hadoop or Apache Spark based big data platform development.
- Additional expertise in the areas of developing OLAP cube in big data and business intelligence solutions is a plus.
- Candidate will also be part of architecture office responsible for establishing, driving, and implementing architectural principles and guidelines for information technology systems in accordance to business needs and adherence to corporate technology standards.
- Working with database architects, developers, business analysts and subject matter experts to understand the complex technological system and migrate mainframe technologies to distributed and cloud platform
- Develop software using Hadoop technologies like HBase, Spark, Storm, NIFI and Kafka.
- Working on complex and varied Big Data projects including tasks such as collecting, parsing, managing, analyzing, and visualizing very large datasets.
- Translating complex functional and technical requirements into detailed designs.
- Writing high-performance, reliable and maintainable code.
- Performing data processing requirements analysis.
- Performance tuning for batch and real-time data processing.
- Securing components of clients' Big Data platforms.
- Diagnostics and troubleshooting of operational issues.
- Health-checks and configuration reviews.
- Data pipelines development - ingestion, transformation, cleansing.
- Data flow integration with external systems.
- Integration with data access tools and products.
- Assisting application developers and advising on efficient data access and manipulations.
- Defining and implementing efficient operational processes
- Keeping up-to-date on new technology, standards, protocols and tools in areas relevant to the rapidly changing digital environment
- Monitoring emerging technology trends and managing an innovation lab that conducts proof-of-concept experiments with new and emerging technology
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Financial Services experience (Mutual Fund background preferred) with a proven track record of delivering multiple projects on-time, on budget and within scope
- Knowledge of Hadoop stack and storage technologies such as HDFS, MapReduce, Yarn, HIVE, Sqoop, Impala, Spark, Flume, Kafka and/or Oozie
- Understanding of Big Data Enterprise Architecture (Cloudera preferred)
- Knowledge and experience with Apache Kylin or Druid a plus
- Recent programming experience in Java and Springs framework
- No SQL Technologies (Cassandra or Hbase)
- Experience with Big Data Analytics & Business Intelligence and Industry standard tools integrated with Hadoop ecosystem. (Scala, Python and/or R)
- Visual Analytics Tools knowledge (Tableau)
- Data Integration, Data Security on Hadoop ecosystem. (Kerberos)
- Awareness or experience with Data Lake with Cloudera ecosystem
- Broad knowledge of Agile project methodology (SAFe) and ITIL best practices
- Master Data Management platforms and practices preferred
- Experience with Cloud computing concepts (private, public and hybrid) a plus
Please submit your resume for consideration. Once submitted, feel free to contact Prakash at 201-308-0009 for additional information.
Approx. Duration: 9 months/RTH
About Hired by Matrix
Hired by Matrix, Inc. founded in 1986, is a certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) dedicated to providing the highest quality of job opportunities to our candidates and staffing services to our clients. We are a full service staffing firm with experience recruiting and delivering for IT, Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Clerical, Clinical & Scientific, and Marketing disciplines. Our long history in the staffing industry and dedication to excellence are the key differentiators that have fueled our success for over 30 years.
As the staffing industry evolves, Hired by Matrix continues to develop and grow. By combining our expertise with a keen understanding of each client's needs we are able to source for the most qualified candidates. Our commitment to servicing our clients corresponds with our commitment to finding the perfect match between our clients and candidates and maintaining our relationships long term.
Hired by Matrix offers our contract professionals competitive salaries, benefits after 60 days and a 401k option after one year.
Equal Opportunity Employer
*CEO Sharon Olzerowicz serves on the WBENC Board and is a long-standing member of the Forum Governing Group.
Connect with us on LinkedIn and see how we can impact your career!
Hired by Matrix Career Center: http://bit.ly/HbMCareers
Position Type: Contractor
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: Hired by Matrix, Inc.
|Company: Hired by Matrix, Inc.