The Product Manager position will ensure the overall executive vision for the platform and specific product offerings is carried out and is the foundation for platform enhancements and new features and functionality brought to market. This position will report to the Director of Product & Planning and will be responsible for both delivering and driving the product direction for assigned projects and products within the roadmap.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Work with the executive management and key stakeholders to form and carry-out the vision, requirements, and scope of assigned projects and products in which they will own.
- Be the owner and primary point of contact for assigned products and projects.
- Direct and drive the development of products to ensure high ROI
- Be a liaison between executive management, key stakeholders, the software development team, and other cross-functional or operations teams as required.
- Detail requirements as well as coach and train business analysts on documentation processes and best practices in order to ensure success
- Develop and implement product strategies consistent with the company vision and executive direction given
- Coordinate product launches with marketing, sales, software development and other cross-functional teams.
- Communicate and deliver the product vision to various audiences within the company
- Communicate product launch and releases
- Work with leadership to develop KPIs
- Provide reporting on KPI post product launch
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 3-5 years in a product manager role driving products from idealization and discovery to launch
- 5+ years in a supervisory role
- Knowledge of Scrum and Kanban Agile frameworks
- Knowledge of commission processing and audits
- Knowledge of insurance agent contracting processes
- Knowledge of insurance agency hierarchy business practices
- 3+ years of working within an Agile environment
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Creative thinking skills
- Familiar with various aspects of the health care industry
- Familiar with UI/UX principles
- Ability to create intuitive web user experience
- Ability to create wireframes and mockups in order to communicate product vision to the team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Background in software development and program management is preferred
Strong background in finance
3+ years involvement in commission processing
3+ years of involvement in insurance enrollment and policy reconciliation
3+ years in accounting, financial analyst, commission analyst or similar role
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A- (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
* Paid Training
* Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
* Wellness Programs
* Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401k w/ Company Match
* Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
* Employee Discount Program
* Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
* On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
* On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
* Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.