Senior Business Systems Analyst Job
|Location: Everett, Washington
||Date Posted: 6/10/2019
||Category: Information Technology
|Job Code: 8091/8956
Provides technical and analytical support to business processes within National General Lender Services Responsible for working directly with the Business Unit, IT, the client and other internal departments to analyze, understand business requirements and implement solutions. Sr. BSAs work on projects ranging from moderately sized program fixes to complex systems initiatives.. Partner and collaborate with key stakeholders in the planning and implementation of strategic initiatives. Continuously strives to improve efficiency, reduce costs, and ensure compliance with regulations, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide clients and internal customers with quality service. This position can be located in either the Fort Worth, TX or Everett, WA office locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Utilize subject matter expertise and technological best practices to partner with internal teams and/or external vendors to create and develop innovative business solutions.
- Involvement in the solution design, prototyping, application configuration/integration, conference room pilots, documentation, testing, training, and project management.
- Articulate how solution sets could fit into your customer's business environment and be able to articulate the associated impacts in all impacted areas upstream and downstream.
- Perform business case analysis (including cost benefit), work closely with the application owners and management team to develop a quality business case.
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise in an area of the business and understand needs in order to provide recommendations and insights on what products or services best fit needs. Where possible, influence requirements and processes and follow through with implementation
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives by assessing effectiveness of current processes, programs and systems to recognize opportunities for standardization, increased efficiency, cost reduction, increased quality and improved user experience.
- Evaluate and approve lifecycle documents produced by others and produce technical specifications for selected systems.
- Articulate and confirm understanding of business requirements to IT developers.
- Perform quality checks to ensure accurate ongoing system functionality.
- Design and maintain complex business rules in third party software packages. Rules should maximize efficiency and meet business requirements.
- Support operational reporting across department including development and population of scorecards.
- Maintain control records and tables on key applications.
- May act as a lead to junior team members.
- Consistently deliver reliable technology programs to our customers and associates through system stability.
- Create and maintain documentation for system functionality.
- Research and analyze system and manual processes and prepare written recommendations for changes and/or improvements; work with various groups to ensure successful implementations.
- Manage small to medium projects, following standard project management methodology.
- Facilitate meetings supporting all phases of assigned projects, using appropriate tools and technology according to meeting objectives and attendees.
- Analyze incoming requests, extract and manipulate data and communicate with key stakeholders to clarify information and ensure delivered product aligns with business needs.
- Adhere to established Software Development Lifecycle methods.
- Create timely and thorough communication to the business users and interested parties on the status of tasks and tickets. Ensure internal business customers receive timely and succinct e-mail communication on significant service disruptions and planned outages.
- Answer questions regarding system functionality and processing.
- Perform detailed ad hoc analysis and create reports using a variety of software tools, including database programs.
- Effectively present thoughts to influence key stakeholders to adopt innovative recommendations; collaborate with people at different levels within the organization to accomplish a common goal.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- 3+ years of experience in Insurance and/or Mortgage servicing industry
- 5+ years of experience as a BSA
- Process oriented business experience
- Capable of breaking problems into component parts and addressing each individual issue in order to develop an appropriate and thorough solution.
- Demonstrated analystical abilities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Significant experience in query and report development tools including applied knowledge of SQL database, Microsoft Access, and Microsoft Visual Basic (VBA)
- Interviewing skills as related to data gathering.
- Detail orientation with the ability to understand how a process fits into the overall business model.
- Forecast and evaluate the outcome of a technical solution, and interpret the results and implications
- Appropriately prioritize assigned tasks to ensure timely goal achievement
- Utilize established procedures to guide decision-making
- Familiarity with project management methodology and ability to utilize project management skills when needed.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
- Works independently with little supervision
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to think critically
- Flexible team player who can work in a complex, fast paced environment where ambiguity exists and priorities are subject to change
- Ability to influence others and negotiate effectively
- Conflict-management skills
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data and draw conclusions from data gathered
- Ability to understand technical functionality and documentation and produce non-technical documentation
- Ability to identify potential problems and escalate as needed
- Able to work well in a fluid environment, flex with change and tolerate ambiguity
- Demonstrated understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Demonstrated ability to follow all company and department policies and procedures
- Ability to produce well written documents with clearly organized thoughts using proper construction, punctuation and grammar
- Available for occasional short-term business travel
- Able to work evenings and/or weekends as business needs dictate
- Consulting experience
- Knowledge of Lender Placed Insurance requirements
- Black Knight MSP systems, including Hazard Workstation
- Advanced to expert level development skills within Microsoft Access and VBA
- Working knowledge of NGLS TrackGuard System, including CCS and TrackSource
- Building Rapport
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A- (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
* Paid Training
* Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
* Wellness Programs
* Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401k w/ Company Match
* Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
* Employee Discount Program
* Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
* On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
* On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
* Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: National General Insurance
|Company: National General Insurance