Functional Analyst (SME II) Job
|Location: North Charleston, South Carolina
||Date Posted: 6/7/2019
||Category: Information Technology
|Job Code: Functional Analyst
Functional Analyst (SME 2)
Provides subject matter expertise and support to clients. Monitors products and services throughout the life cycle. Develops and analyzes system and operational requirements and designs high-level documentation. Serves as a functional analyst on the project team, captures supplementary specifications not included in client requirements, and logs and tracks requirements to closure. Elicits quality assurance standards, information assurance and directs test and measurement activities according to those specified requirements.
- Analyzes user needs to determine functional requirements for a wide variety of projects.
* Responds to customer requests for complex system needs.
* Decomposes high-level business and user requirements into detailed functional requirements and quality assurance metrics.
* Performs technical assessments aimed at improving a wide variety of client systems.
* Researches, identifies, and recommends resources required for high-level task execution and completion.
* Provides analysis and the development of business and functional requirements for mid to large-scale initiatives.
* Performs high-level functional modeling based on in-depth requirements analysis.
* Develops new complex systems and updates existing systems to meet a diverse array of client needs.
* Serves as functional advisor to clients in assigned subject areas, recommends mid to large-scale functional changes, and identifies areas for further investigation.
* Consults with clients to determine optimum requirements and design for a wide variety of projects.
* Identifies emerging relevant technologies that may result in improvements to current processes and systems.
* Directs functional testing of various systems.
* Serves as primary client liaison and coordinates with sub-contractors, project stakeholders, and technical experts.
* Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced analysts.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies and subject areas.
* May perform business process analysis and offer business process recommendations.
* Benchmarks industry best practices to measure organization's position.
* End-to-end ownership of assigned initiatives through implementation.
Ten (10) years of hands-on experience with "Specific Projects", to include three (3) of the following areas:
- Systems Requirements
- project management and strategic planning
- HIPAA requirements
- Medical Systems
- Operational Requirements
- Enterprise Strategic Planning and operations
- Unix/Linux system software
- Test & Evaluation, and Training
Recognized expert who has demonstrated industry and public service leadership in one or more of:
- medical systems
- advanced system architecture
- information assurance
- hardware technologies
- digital/analog communications technologies
- applied physics
- human factors engineering
- computer simulation
- electronic sensor technologies
Demonstrated experience in at least two of the following areas:
- Ability to plan and organize work and interact with technical and non-technical personnel translating user requirements into responsive applications.
b. Demonstrated detailed knowledge of IA concepts and requirements.
c. Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of DOD military specifications and standards.
d. System design integration planning for multiple large-scale installations.
e. Hardware and software Evaluation
f. System Test and Evaluation, planning execution and management.
Other Job Specific Skills
- Demonstrates excellent judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
* Ability to effectively communicate analyzed data, resulting reports and supporting logic to clients.
* Robust oral and written communication skills.
* Experience working with customers, users and project leads in analyzing, designing, implementing and supporting IT business systems covering many diverse applications such as healthcare and financial systems.
* Experience in having primary responsibility for individual projects and systems.
* Experience in testing functionality and matching to requirements.
* Ability to lead and facilitate cross-functional team meetings.
* Strategic and tactical enterprise planning at multiple project levels.
* Strong understanding of business process configuration and process flows.
U.S. Citizenship Required? Yes
Start Date: ASAP
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: ASM Research
|Company: ASM Research