Jacobs is looking for a Senior Systems Linux Administrator with expertise in a variety of systems administration concepts, practices, and procedures. The successful candidate will lead and direct others, manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of the organization's IT systems and applications and may provide consultation on complex projects and be a top-level contributor/specialist in the department.
Must be an expert at problem solving, identifying risk, and communicating results and recommendations to department management. Assists in the installation, maintenance, and general support of IT systems. Identifies and resolves problems associated with operating systems. Analyzes and resolves problems associated with server hardware/software and applications software. Detects, diagnoses, and reports related problems on both server, desktop, and mobile IT systems. Assists users with questions or issues related to accessing and using IT systems. Installs new software releases and system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches, and resolves software related problems. Performs system backup and recovery procedures.
Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity. Performs system capacity analysis and planning, and optimizes system operation and resource utilization. Develops and implements policies and procedures to ensure that systems support the organization's business requirements and meet the needs of end users. Defines system requirements based on user/client needs, cost, scalability, and required integration with existing applications, systems, or platforms. We recognize systems administration support in areas where these capabilities may be gained through extensive on-the-job experience, specialized formal Government training, or institutional training and certification. On-the-job experience must be in specific IT fields.
Education and Experience:
- Master's degree and 8 years of experience or
- Bachelor's degree with 10 years of experience.
- One year of experience can be substituted by 15 semester hours completed towards a Master's degree.
- The degree must be in a relevant technical curriculum and experience must be related to the job duties. Acceptable degree specialties include but are not limited to the following: Information Technology, Mathematics, Computer Networking, Cybersecurity, and various engineering and science disciplines
- Requires 1 certification in area of specialization. Additional certifications in the area of specialization may be substituted for 1 year of experience.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA):
- Windows Server 2012
- Linux Professional Institute Certification
- Certification - CCNA, JNCIA.
- Experience with Unified Capabilities Testing.
- Experience configuring Session Border Controllers (SBC) Oracle and or Sonus products.
- Experience configuring and utilizing IXIA network test tool(s)/hardware platforms.
- System Administration experience to include, managing multiple domains, groups policies, implementing Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIGs), configuring and managing virtual machines/environments (VMware ESXi), configuration and application of HBSS/EPO, understanding of Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP).
- Ability to provide Subject Matter Expert (SME) level support and plans of action to the government and government customers (Commercial Vendors).
- Understanding or familiar with Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Must have an active Secret security clearance at time of hire.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require filing, typing, and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, included but not limited to: bending, reaching, turning and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distances may be required.
An inside and outside environment (considerations: closed quarters, close together, lighting). Needs to be able to work well with co-workers and all levels of management. No hazards on job or unusual environmental conditions.
Equipment and Machines
Ability to operate office equipment such as a personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required.
Core work hours will be between 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Monday - Friday.Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.
Other Essential Functions
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Independent personal transportation to office or work site is required. Travel to and from customer's locations and the test fields may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary. When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion.