Job ID: 52932
Sr. Application Architect
We encourage new ideas that will differentiate our company and improve the plans and services we provide. We also encourage teamwork as an essential element of our shared success and provide a work environment in which all people, ideas and backgrounds are respected, supported and valued.
Profile & Description:
- This position is responsible for ensuring alignment of project specific designs with application architecture roadmap; supporting project and/or product teams on functional and technical design activities related to business process automation.
- This individual will define the interaction between application packages, databases, and middleware systems to optimize automation software functional coverage; acting as subject matter expert (SME) for products and services that require integration into the application.
- This individual will assist with new pursuits as well as will be directly engaged in application projects.
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- 10+ years of IT experience with at least 5 years in a lead design or architectural capacity.
- Broad knowledge and experience with multiple technologies such as Java, Microsoft .NET, application servers, integration hubs, nTier, database management systems and open source trends.
- Clear understanding of object-oriented design principles.
- In depth knowledge of enterprise applications.
- Experience with high-volume transactional systems.
- Strong database design and implementation knowledge.
- Adapt at producing architectural diagrams and presentations for use in communication with various levels of management and staff in both the business and IT.
- Able to recognize forward-looking business needs along with industry, business and IT trends.
- Able to coach/mentor others.
- Experience operating in a DevOps environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the architecture design and support for the enterprise application portfolio, including third-party and custom applications for enterprise-wide capabilities.
- Recommend alternatives for how to migrate the application portfolio to best align with business needs and to optimize maintainability and performance.
- Lead evaluation of purchased software alternatives.
- Architect the composition of custom-built solutions.
- Ensure technical designs comply with architecture guiding principles.
- Work with other architects on enterprise-wide IT strategies and technologies.
- Design solutions for high availability and disaster recovery.
- Evaluate and recommend application development and support technologies.
- Provide guidance, direction and support to application development and technical teams.
- Work as a player-coach, as a developer on projects.
- Contribute to sales pursuits, assist with maturing offerings.
- Collaborate with clients at the project and executive levels.
- Quality execution of essential duties and responsibilities.
- Feedback from others including staff, clients, members and vendors.
Minimum Physical Expectations:
- Physical activity that often requires keyboarding, sitting, phone work, and filing.
- Physical activity that often requires extensive time working on a computer.
- Physical activity may require lifting under 25 lbs.
- Physical activity that sometimes requires travel - car, train, and/or air.
- Physical activity that sometimes requires bending, stooping, reaching, climbing, kneeling, and/or twisting.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
- Must hear and speak well enough to conduct business over the telephone or face to face (in English) for long periods of time.
Minimum Environmental Expectations:
- This position will require working indoors.
- Typical workweek is eight (8) hour workdays, five (5) days per week with some weekend work, as well as longer hours as needed.
- This position deals with some aggressive personalities and could be stressful.
At Fast Switch, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Isn't that cool? Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve, and have a little fun along the way.
We at Fast Switch have been doing this for 22 years. We're doing business in almost half the states in the union with offices in Detroit, MI, Columbus, OH, New York, Hartford, CT, Massachusetts, Minneapolis, MN, Los Angeles, CA, San Francisco, CA, and Tucson, AZ.
We're a financially strong, privately-held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things, and we do them for Fortune 10 companies, Inc. 500 companies, and technology start-ups. We also have a strong belief in giving back to the communities we serve.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefits options you can choose just the benefits that you need or want, options include:
* Medical and Dental (Fast Switch pays majority of the medical program)
* Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
* Long Term Disability (100% paid)
* Life Insurance (100% paid)
* 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
In 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, Fast Switch was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press and one of the Best Staffing Firms in 2016 and 2017. We have won the Columbus Business First "Fast 50" award 9 times in 12 years because of our strong growth which translates into more and better opportunities for our consulting staff members.
Ranked '#1' supplier by over 50% of our customers nationally.
Ranked 'Top 3' supplier by over 75% of our customers nationally.
To view all of our open positions, please go to: www.fastswitch.com and at the bottom of the page click Job Portal, or get there directly at: https://www.jobs.net/jobs/fastswitch/en-us/all-jobs/
You can also follow us on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/fastswitch
And you can become a fan of Fast Switch on Facebook at: http://tinyurl.com/y9y3gdp