Job ID: 52935
Software Engineer Position Description:
- Connected Vehicle Platform and Product Team is looking for software engineers that embrace Lean/Agile and Extreme Programming practices.
- In this environment, the Software Engineer is expected to work in a pair developing working, tested code across the full stack of technologies.
- They will collaborate directly and continuously with product managers and designers, and business partners to release early and often.
- Develops application software using the cloud based architecture across full stack of technologies utilized by
- Balanced team
- Consults with product manager to identify minimal viable product and decompose feature set into small scoped user stories
- Pairs with other software engineers to cooperatively deliver user stories
- Solve highly complex technical problems using industry best practices
- Uses the test driven development methodology to realize the technical solution
- 3+ years of work experience in cloud based, full stack web development including:
- Java web development (heavy emphasis)
- Spring Framework development
- Experience designing and developing REST APIs
- Exceptional software engineering knowledge
- Practiced in eXtreme Programming (XP) disciplines including paired programming
- Test-first/Test Driven Development (TDD) experience
- OO Design Principles, Micro services architecture, Cloud native concepts
- Experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Azure Cloud and IaaS concepts
- Highly effective in working with other technical experts, Product Managers, UI/UX Designers and business stakeholders
- Possess an innovation mindset
- Experience with manual/automated testing, and an interest in test driven development (TDD) or willingness to learn
- Strong communication skills and interest in a pair-programming environment
- 2+ years of experience programming/quality testing on multiple projects
- 2+ years of experience with Eclipse, Spring, JUnit and Agile methodology
- 2+ years of work experience in cloud based, full stack web development
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
At Fast Switch, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Isn't that cool? Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve, and have a little fun along the way.
We at Fast Switch have been doing this for 22 years. We're doing business in almost half the states in the union with offices in Detroit, MI, Columbus, OH, New York, Hartford, CT, Massachusetts, Minneapolis, MN, Los Angeles, CA, San Francisco, CA, and Tucson, AZ.
We're a financially strong, privately-held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things, and we do them for Fortune 10 companies, Inc. 500 companies, and technology start-ups. We also have a strong belief in giving back to the communities we serve.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefits options you can choose just the benefits that you need or want, options include:
* Medical and Dental (Fast Switch pays majority of the medical program)
* Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
* Long Term Disability (100% paid)
* Life Insurance (100% paid)
* 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
In 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, Fast Switch was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press and one of the Best Staffing Firms in 2016 and 2017. We have won the Columbus Business First "Fast 50" award 9 times in 12 years because of our strong growth which translates into more and better opportunities for our consulting staff members.
Ranked '#1' supplier by over 50% of our customers nationally.
Ranked 'Top 3' supplier by over 75% of our customers nationally.
To view all of our open positions, please go to: www.fastswitch.com and at the bottom of the page click Job Portal, or get there directly at: https://www.jobs.net/jobs/fastswitch/en-us/all-jobs/
You can also follow us on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/fastswitch
And you can become a fan of Fast Switch on Facebook at: http://tinyurl.com/y9y3gdp