Job ID: 52464
Our client in Durham, North Carolina is seeking an IT Portfolio Manager.
Candidates who are eligible to work in the US without sponsorship.
The IT Portfolio Manager position within Platform Engineering will be responsible for managing the project portfolio supporting the overall Platform Engineering area. The portfolio includes both AOP projects and internal projects led by SMEs. The position requires solid experience of project management in a GxP environment and experience managing projects related to IT Infrastructure.
The Portfolio Manager will:
* Act as primary point of contact for work intake to Platform Engineering teams.
* Develop, implement, and manage work intake process and tools to maximize efficiency and drive results.
* Work with Platform Engineering teams to gather and identify project work and load into backlog appropriately.
* Develop, maintain, and manage a process for IT project evaluation and prioritization that ensures projects align with strategic objectives.
* Facilitate backlog reviews and grooming sessions to continuously evaluate and make decisions on project priority.
* Manage the project portfolio management processes - drive resource demand and project planning for SME projects, conduct capacity analysis, and ensure strategic alignment.
* Establish a financial management process for the Platform Engineering portfolio.
* Work with SMEs to track project status, mitigate risks, resolve issues, track budget, and generate reports for Platform Engineering projects (not managed by a project manager).
* Partner closely with Platform Engineering managers, IT business partners, and team leads to analyze new project requests for cost, value, complexity, and readiness.
Minimum Experience Requirements:
* 5+ years' experience of hands-on IT Project Portfolio management
* 10+ years' experience implementing complex, cross-functional projects solutions in a regulated environment.
* Demonstrated fluency in Project Management tools and techniques
* Experience implementing IT Infrastructure-related projects.
* Strong communication, organization, and analytical skills
* PMP credential preferred
Fast Switch, Ltd. is a high-growth IT staffing firm, with headquarters in Dublin, Ohio and with offices serving the Columbus, Detroit, Boston, Cincinnati, Minneapolis, Phoenix, Hartford, Los Angeles, Tucson, San Francisco, Denver, and Cleveland metropolitan areas. We have a staff of over 780 associates and have experienced growth while remaining profitable.
Compensation can vary depending on experience and capability, plus benefits which include healthcare, dental, and vision insurance, long term disability coverage, and 401(k) with match and IMMEDIATE vesting. Our benefits package, in this day and age, is superb.
To view all of our open positions, please go to: www.fastswitch.com and/or navigate to our Careers page.