3 months contract with possible extension or conversion to permanent role for a Lab Technician in Norwell, MA
The position requires performing standard and sometimes repetitive laboratory operations such as weighing, preparing of solutions, or preparing samples (including extractions, filtration, separations, and isolations) according to written instructions and under the supervision of the Laboratory Manager and/or more experienced personnel.
Activities will include:
* Initiate and perform sample processing following written SOPs and project QAPPs
* Conduct and document appropriate quality control and assurance procedures for monitoring and evaluating the quality of sample preparation procedures.
* Enter data and observations into LIMS
* Operate and/or monitor, and maintain standard laboratory equipment such as ASE, HPLC, balances, GPC, centrifuges, etc.
* Perform simple mathematical calculations and prepare data for supervisors or researchers, as requested.
* Perform other duties as needed.
Candidates must meet the following eligibility requirements in order to be forwarded for consideration:
* B.S./B.A. in chemistry or other physical science
* A.A. in chemistry and a minimum of two years of chemistry laboratory work experience
* Demonstrated experience in preparation of environmental samples for chemical analysis
* Familiarity with Microsoft Windows and Office tools
* Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision or as part of a team
* Good interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Working knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
Legal Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members.