Registered Nurse (RN) Behavioral Health Unit - CentraState Medical Center - Freehold, NJ
CentraState Medical Center is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) for the Behavioral Health Unit.
The Behavioral Health Registered Nurse administers culturally sensitive nursing care to assigned patients that is in accordance with ANA standards, the NJ Practice Act, Joint Commission, professional standards and established hospital and Nursing Department policy and procedures in accordance with evidence based nursing practice. Registered Nurses utilize the Nursing Process in providing patient centered care. Evaluates the effectiveness of nursing care through the analysis of nurse sensitive indicators and patient outcomes. Orientation will include satisfactory completion of the Critical Care, IV Therapy and Respiratory Courses, as well as, successful rotation through assigned Nursing Units. A patient focused care model utilizing a multidisciplinary approach is used as the method to deliver patient care. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides considerate respectful care focused upon the patient's individual needs to ensure patient satisfaction.
- Affirms the patient's right to make decisions regarding his/her medical care, including the decision to discontinue treatment, to the extent permitted by law.
- Obtains a complete nursing history and baseline assessment that is systematic, consistent and continuous. This assessment is communicated effectively utilizing Hand-off policy and documented.
- Documents results of patient assessment, nursing diagnosis, care plan nursing interventions and evaluation and patient progress in medical record according to hospital/nursing policy and the Nursing Standards of Care/Practice for the specific patient type.
- Appropriately analyzes patient information /assessment to determine nursing diagnosis and needs for appropriate nursing care, medical intervention or services of other clinical professionals.
- Identifies patient problems and formulates nursing diagnosis according to physical, psychological, spiritual/cultural and educational needs in conjunction with a multi-disciplinary approach.
- Consistently includes patient and family in the development of an individualized plan of care.
- Administers medication as needed following CSHS policies and manufacturer's instructions.
- Takes immediate and appropriate actions in the event of a medication variance occurrence.
- Recognizes changes in patient condition and/or emergencies situations and takes immediate and appropriate actions.
- Graduate of an approved program for Registered Nurses
- BSN required
- Current license to practice in New Jersey
- 1 year experience in Behavioral Health/Clinical Psychiatric required
- American Heart Association Basic Cardiac Life Support is required
- Specialty professional nursing certification preferred
CentraState Medical Center located at 901 West Main Street in Freehold, New Jersey is an acute-care medical center licensed for 284 beds. The medical center is a teaching hospital in conjunction with the Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School Family Medicine Residency Program. Also in 2015, the hospital was re-designated with Magnet status for nursing excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) of the American Nurses Association.
Please Click APPLY to submit your resume for consideration