Prestigious business litigation firm is looking for a Bookkeeper who is intent on gaining experience in law firm accounting. Our client is a Jacksonville based Commercial, Construction and Creditors Rights focused litigation firm located in downtown Jacksonville. If you value competitive salaries, a fast-paced exciting work environment, collegial atmosphere and a company with immeasurable growth potential, then please submit your credentials for further consideration.
Skill Set Needed:
Candidates for this position must be a quick learner, have excellent writing and communication skills, proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel and Outlook, and have superior organizational skills. Candidates must know how to prioritize, work autonomously and be extremely detail-oriented. They must also be able to achieve positive results while dealing in a high volume, deadline-oriented environment. Prior Bookkeeping experience is a plus. The ideal candidate will have 2-4 years of accounting experience and either has or is seeking a Degree in Accounting.
Overview of Typical Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable tasks under direct supervision of the Controller including:
* Performs standardized accounting routines to process accounts payable; obtain payment authorization, generate checks and process for payment
* Research billing discrepancies as well as reconcile vendor statements and account balances
* Ensure compliance with payables policies and procedures
* Process and email client invoices monthly
* Code and posts client payments
* Notifies appropriate parties of payment differentials and resolves issues as necessary.
* Ensure the collection of outstanding account receivable balances meeting firm guidelines for >60 days and >90 days
* Other duties as assigned
General Bookkeeping Tasks under direct supervision of the Controller including:
* Monthly Bank reconciliations
* Code and posts debtor payments in trust accounts
* Monthly Trust Account reconciliation
SALARY AND BENEFITS
* Competitive Salary
* Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
* 401K benefits