Technical Director North America Job
|Location: Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
||Date Posted: 5/28/2019
|Job Code: 2019-17024
North America Technical Director
Our Technical Department is growing, and we are looking for a knowledgeable individual to become a part of our Technical team undertaking projects in North America. We are seeking an experienced Technical Director, to provide leadership to our existing team's technical capability and to help shape its technical delivery, training, strategy for growth, and enhancing our reputation as the leading global provider for pest services.
The North America (NA) Technical Director will be responsible for developing and optimizing the North America Technical team, as well as driving operational excellence and process leadership in Technical Services aligned with the COO and the organization's growth agenda.
The NA Technical Director will provide leadership to the Regional Technical Directors/Managers, Technical Service Managers, Training Manager, Regulatory Compliance individuals and other support team members. This position will develop and lead various Rentokil lines of business (LOB) to align with the Technical Department. Some LOBs that need development include bird management, weed control, fumigation, bioremediation, termite, and bed bug services.
The NA Technical Director will also participate in our corporate training academy, and may participate in presentations to state and/or national industry meetings, as well as conduct meetings for our clients as an industry expert.
Primary or Key Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Execute plans in such a way as to ensure a consistency of delivery, process, and outcome across the Technical department resulting in improved performance.
- Provide Leadership to the Technical Support Team including the Regional Technical Directors/Managers, Technical Service Managers, Training Manager, Regulatory Compliance individuals and other support team members.
- Provide Technical leadership and product/service quality stewardship across the business unit ensuring that both best operational practice and safe working practices adhere at all times.
- Ensure that service and sales staff are technically competent and validated as such, throughout the business unit and across all lines of business, taking corrective action by providing training or coaching where there is a shortfall.
- Ensure conformance of the North America operating business to both local legislation & regulations, and Rentokil Pest Control (RPC) technical and operational policies; to take timely corrective action in the event of any shortfall ensuring any risk is communicated.
- Drive identification and adoption of best operational technical practices across the North America businesses.
- Provide specialist and expert technical support to the business, including customer support, training, troubleshooting, and best practice consultancy thereby underpinning 'Experts in Pest Control'.
- Provide one of the principle conduits between the North America operating business and Rentokil's global expertise/RPC best practice through active participation in the Global Technical Virtual Network, regional technical meetings and strategic initiatives.
- Deliver Results
- Ambition to achieve goals/objectives and the discipline, organization and perseverance to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Set and meet stretching goals.
- Set high standards and objectives linked to strategy in order to exceed performance deliverables.
- Lead a team to address unfamiliar and/or new problems.
- Specify and manage key milestones to achieve long term objectives.
- Persevere to deliver expected outputs in multi-faceted and challenging assignments, managing multiple stakeholders.
- Think ahead (12-24 months) to initiate changes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of processes.
- Act Commercially
- Ability to gather and make sense of large amounts of information and apply it to make business and customer focused decisions.
- Simplify complexity.
- Gather and make sense of disparate business inputs from a variety of internal and external sources.
- Analyze relevant industry information to spot trends and predict opportunities and threats.
- Influence others by making very complex business issues simple.
- Boil down ideas and complex analyses into simple commercial messages.
- Target actions to maximize business benefit using a thorough commercial understanding.
- Make tough decisions in new or unknown situations.
- Manage Self
- Manage emotions to remain calm, focused and optimistic while dealing with a constant stream of demands.
- Resilient in tough times.
- Demonstrate an understanding of own emotions and how feelings impact on behavior.
- Remain objective and withstand pressure from a variety of sources.
- Maintain perspective and can 'bounce back' from difficult circumstances.
- Resourceful in maintaining own resilience.
- Maintain clarity, enthusiasm and confidence through periods of intensive effort.
- Coach and Develop
- Encourage long term development of others to build capability.
- Act as a coach.
- Coach individuals over a period of time to help them identify and work on their development gaps.
- Ask a series of questions to get people to their own answers.
- Use a good understanding of what interests, motivates and drives others to help shape their development.
- Review progress regularly of his/her team members to support their development.
- Encourage people to take risks and make mistakes as part of learning.
- Recognize and assesses the ability and potential of team members.
- Work with Others
- Build relationships and collaborate with others (e.g. customers, colleagues, partners & suppliers) to achieve our mission.
- Have a broad view.
- Empower colleagues and peers.
- Build relationships to promote collaborative work internally and with customers, suppliers and external parties.
- Work effectively across boundaries e.g. across regions and divisions to align to a common goal.
- Create consensus amongst key stakeholders with different views to establish a shared approach within RI.
- Make decisions and plan actions in the wider context of the RI Group.
- Display Leadership
- Ability to inspire others to achieve Rentokil Initial's objectives and to hold them accountable for high standards of performance.
- Take care of team.
- Gain the hearts and minds of others to gain loyalty to the vision.
- Highlight the successes and achievements of the team.
- Develop confidence, presence and influence across the team and wider business.
- Protect and promote the team and its reputation within the larger organization.
- Take active steps to obtain the necessary personnel, resources, training, and information for the group.
|Program of Study|
|Entomology, Biology or other related field|
|Years of Experience|
|Type of Experience|
|Leadership experience, which includes Colleague Development and Strategic Planning experience|
Technical Services experience
Specialist experience in LOB other than Pest Control, Termite, Fumigation, Bird Control, Weed Control, etc.
- Read, write and comprehend written and spoken English to communicate effectively and professionally at all times.
- Possess service orientation with desire to make a positive impact on all customers and colleagues.
- Successfully work in a team environment.
- Able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess exceptional organizational and communication skills.
- Be self-motivated.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite 2007 or later, especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Have knowledge of Google Suite, especially Google Drive and associated programs frequently used at Rentokil North America.
Certifications & Licensures
No licenses/certificates are required for this role.
This is a full-time position. The North America Technical Director will report to an office. Travel could be required.
Work Schedule: This job has regular office hours but may have extended hours due to time-sensitive deadlines or required travel. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: Rentokil