|Location: Loveland, Colorado
||Date Posted: 5/21/2019
|Job Code: REQ16026
Plans and performs machine and bench operations with advanced tooling equipment utilizing CNC and CAM programming to build and repair tools and fixtures used in the plastic injection molding and assembly manufacturing processes.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
* Plans, sets-up and performs machine and bench operations necessary to make, alter or repair molds, jigs, fixtures, dies, and gauges of complex design.
* Utilizes CAM software to efficiently and accurately transform computer designs into tooling.
* Operates tool room equipment in a safe and efficient manner consistent with company policies and procedures as well as industry standards.
* Independently coordinates priorities and details of work to be performed with supervisor and the Manufacturing and Engineering departments.
* Utilizes ERP system to obtain information for performing job duties and to provide feedback on work performed.
* Provides input into design reviews for new tooling and repair or enhancement of existing tooling.
* Investigates and recommends processes or designs for repairing or enhancing tooling.
* Provides input into tool room equipment upgrades, additions, and deletions.
* Available to work on weekends, holidays or off hours to support business needs
Non-Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* All other duties as assigned either written or verbal.
Education and Experience Requirements
Associate’s Degree (A. A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school, a journeyman level Tool & Die Maker with 10 years experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
Preferred Skills and Abilities
* A high degree of mechanical and technical skill and a comprehensive knowledge of tooling and injection molding processes is required.
* May perform a variety or operations at a high skill or a wide variety of operations at a moderate skill.
* Familiar with injection molding design and fabrication technology.
* Ability to work from blueprints, CAD models, diagrams or samples to very close tolerances.
* Must be able to successfully use inspection devices (i.e. microscopes, calipers, gauge pins, optical comparator, etc.)
* Must possess good interpersonal communication skills to interface with engineers, manufacturing personnel and other Mold Makers.
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Proficient in use and navigation of Windows operating system and computer aided manufacturing programs in a networked environment. Functional understanding of Outlook E-mail, Excel and Word.
* Proficient in use of one or more of these software tools (i.e. AutoCAD, Solid Works, Solid Edge, Pro-E, MasterCam, Gibbs, etc.) is required.
* Upon completion of training, employee must be able to successfully navigate through VoxWare (i.e. ERP System)
Uses intuition and experience to complement data
Generates creative solutions
Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
Completes projects on time and budget
Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills
Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things
Listens and gets clarification
Exhibits confidence in self and others
Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
Conserves organizational resources
Adapts strategy to changing conditions
Prioritizes and plans work activities
Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
Strives to increase productivity
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel,
reach with hands and arms, talk or hear, frequently required to sit, occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel or
crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and or move up to 25 pounds and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus. The ability to read and interpret details on a computer screen, drawing, or a physical
part often in multiple colors is required. Must be able to work in a manufacturing environment where the employee is regularly
exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles, occasionally exposed to wet/and or humid conditions, high,
precarious places, vibration and where the byproducts of machining of metal components, and
plastic injection parts exists (i.e. coolants, plastic dust, noise up to 80 db, etc.). The majority of work time will be at a CAM work
station or operating tool room equipment.
Office environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: Nordson Corporation
|Company: Nordson Corporation