Job Title:Manager Payroll and Benefits Administration, Corporate
Reports To: VP Human Resources
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Manager, Payroll and Benefits Administration is primarily responsible for ensuring accurate and timely delivery of pay to all ARC employees in the U.S and Canada. Reporting directly to the VP HR, this person will lead and manage our Payroll Team as they utilize our Dayforce system ensuring that payroll is delivered accurately and on time each payroll cycle. Duties include, but are not limited to:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage a team of 3 Payroll Administrators and 1 Payroll/HCM Systems Administrator as they process payroll on regular 2-week cycles. Oversight of all day to day payroll modifications and changes and ensure they are performed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Lead and manage 1 Benefits Administrator providing oversight for all Benefits Administration including Open Enrollment
- Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory payroll and benefits requirements including multi-state taxations and SOX.
- Oversee all Dayforce upgrade and integration efforts
- Regularly communicate all payroll and benefits events, updates and changes to managers and employees
- Provide support and backup for payroll constituencies, as necessary
- Maintain working knowledge of payroll and benefits and provide specific training including systems training
- Work closely with HR Team to ensure accurate execution of all policies and programs (i.e. PTO, ESPP, 401K, etc.)
- Work closely with Finance and Accounting Team to ensure all banking, GL and other financial services and instrument requirements are met.
- Seek, present and implement opportunities to continuously improve payroll and benefits processes and practices
- Serve as support liaison with third party vendors, external/internal auditors and other stakeholders
- Lead and support payroll and benefits reporting (regular and ad hoc)
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Thorough knowledge of payroll and systems content area and processes. Ceridian/Dayforce experience is a plus. Ability to understand and communicate job related information in a clear, concise manner. Strong leadership and managerial skills. Excellent client relationship and service skills in a corporate environment with previous experience in assisting internal and external customers. 10 years of related payroll experience with minimum of 3 years in a leadership role. Takes the initiative to continuously improve in all areas of responsibility.
Strong oral and written communication skills. Excellent organizational skills. Ability to be detail-oriented and handle multiple tasks. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from various client groups. Ability to read and interpret documents such as legal and regulatory updates, financial documents, invoices,
policies, operating and procedure manuals.