The Human Resources Business Partner/Manager (HRBP) Coordinates the HR related activities to support the California manufacturing plants. These activities include but are not limited to the administration of human resources policies, procedures and programs. You will serves as a partner to Management on HR related issues. This person plays a key role in establishing a customer service culture by driving the effective execution and alignment of HR practices and programs with company policies, business objectives and overall Kings Hawaiian People Strategies.
* Coaches and advises the leadership team on performance management issues such as hiring, employee performance, career and personal development, resolving associate concerns, and terminations.
* Assist with and or investigates employee complaints, disputes and accidents. Communicates all potential employee issues and opportunities with management and collaborates when necessary to bring resolution to issues.
* Provides guidance and support on all employee levels to ensure statutory and company regulations and policies are followed including documentation, follow-up, modified work duties, etc., and questions / or issues are resolved.
* Administration of company policy and benefits programs for the business units.
* Collaborates with and provides guidance to management regarding process, procedures and implementation of employee corrective actions, performance improvement, performance development and annual performance evaluations.
* Administers various training as required. E.g. Harassment, Kronos, HR training initiative.
* The responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company's business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
* Minimum 3 - 5 years of supervisory experience
* Minimum 3 - 5 years' experience as HR Business Partner
* Must be fluent in Spanish
* Intermediate knowledge of HRIS and Timekeeping systems (Kronos a plus)
* Demonstrates solid understanding of employment regulations and laws
* Professional presence; polished communication skills and proven ability to effectively deal with all levels
* Self-motivated and self-disciplined. Able to work independently with minimal supervision. Ability to identify and anticipate needs and make recommendations
* Proven ability to develop strong relationships in order to gain support and achieve results
* Excellent listening and assessment skills
* Confidence and ability to influence others, facilitate processes, and coach/advise managers
* Manage multiple conflicting priorities
* Strong conflict management skills
* Minimum 2 years facilitating training (e.g. Harassment, New Hire Orientation, Policy & Procedures)