Spectrum Home & Personal Care (HPC) Division participates on a Global basis in small electric appliances, shave/groom appliances and beauty appliances. Our well- known brands include George Foreman®, Black+Decker®, Farberware®, Breadman®, Juiceman®, Russell Hobbs® and Remington®. Our products appeal to consumer trends for healthy eating, stay-at-home cooking, creating today's new hair style and much more. We distinguish our product offerings from the competition by employing forward thinking, innovative technologies matched with a strong understanding of consumer needs to bring to market high quality, superior products that delight the end user.
The Associate Manager, Sourcing is responsible for the identification and development of Supplier relationships for various product categories of the Home Appliances Division of Spectrum Brands. This includes identifying and developing capable sources of supply, negotiating costs, resolving issues associated with the execution of purchase orders, and identifying cost improvement opportunities. This position is a contributor to the product development process and requires interfacing with many other functions on a daily basis.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify suitable vendors for the manufacture of global product platforms, acquire quote packages, and negotiate best costs. Provide product proposals, costs, tool plans and development schedules with other multi-departmental resources for evaluation.
- Oversee agreement and approval process for all cost changes for all products within assigned product categories; manage the PCN process.
- Recommend quality, supply chain and cost improvements to Suppliers.
- Deliver reporting of key sourcing-related measurements to assess and track results.
- Audit costs in SAP for accuracy.
- Collaborate with Regional Marketing groups to understand their product requirements.
- Continually drive and negotiate for cost improvement and cost avoidance.
- Ensure sufficient tooling capacity is maintained at vendors to meet peak demand.
- Support internal improvement initiatives by providing recommendations to optimize company processes.
- Proactively support cross-functional teams by ensuring consistent communication of business goals.
- Meet with Vendors periodically to review their performance based on quantitative metrics. Assist with development of improvement plans where required.
- 25% international travel required
Education and Experience Profile
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in a business, technology, related discipline.
- 3-5 years experience in a Sourcing role/function.
- Consumer goods (kitchen appliance preferred) sourcing experience required.
- Experience in working with global suppliers, specifically in Asia is highly desirable.
- Proven ability to develop global suppliers, specifically in Asia is highly desirable.
- Ability to ensure a secure source of goods and services, including backup strategies, where appropriate.
- Proven ability to develop and deliver reporting of key sourcing-related measurements to assess and track results.
- Prior experience with the delivery of the total lowest cost package in sourcing decisions.
- Management of various programs, including leadership of new supply situations, to be done on time and on-budget/cost.
- Financial understanding of commodity/currency exchange is highly desirable.
- Supply Chain / Operations experience preferred
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects with varying degree of responsibility. Effective time management and delegation skills.
- Must be able to analyze complex data, situations and develop range of solutions.
- Strong negotiation skills are needed for management of both internal and external initiatives.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with an emphasis in being able to manage different personality styles and cultural differentiation are required.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.