Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WPBN/WTOM & WGTU/WGTQ TV is seeking an Human Resources / Accounting Assistant to be responsible for the Human Resources function for stations, as well assist with the management of the financial reporting and general accounting functions to ensure all documentation complies with Sarbanes-Oxley, Company policies and procedures, and GAAP reporting guidelines.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Managing the Human Resources function under the general direction of Corporate Human Resources:
- Recruiting and hiring compliance in accordance with FCC/EEO regulations
- Conduct new hire orientation and exit interviews
- Complete paperwork related to hiring, termination and status and benefit changes
- Act as a liaison between employees, Corp HR and/or vendors to answer questions about benefits, company policy or other related concerns
- File and maintain confidential personnel and other HR records
- Assist with FCC/EEO compliance reporting
- Leave administration
- Prepare and review of payroll process
- Reporting/responding to workers' compensation and unemployment claims
- Act as a liaison between managers and Regional HR Manager on employee relations matters, including disciplinary matters and complaints
* Support the Business Manger by assisting with the Stations' Accounting Functions:
- Preparing and sending AP received at the station
- Log and forward all checks received at the station
- Manage trade requisitions and agreements
- Reconcile daily program logs
- Order and stock all office supplies
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Associates or bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or equivalent, or enrolled towards such degree
- Minimum 2 years relevant work experience in Accounting and/or Human Resources
- Working knowledge of internal control procedures, general ledger, payroll, and human resources
- Must be results oriented with strong accounting and financial skills
- Proficient in Excel and an Oracle background preferred
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work in a team environment with various levels of staff
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in the broadcast industry a plus!
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!