The Curtiss-Wright Defense Solutions facility in Fairborn beside Dayton, Ohio is our Center of Excellence for design, development, and support of secure data storage & high-speed data recorders for defense and aerospace applications. We are looking for Software Engineers to join us to help plan, design, develop and test software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products.
You will aid in the design development, coding, testing and debugging of new software or enhancements to existing software. This role is customer facing as you will resolve customer complaints with software and respond to suggestions for software modifications or enhancements. Good communication and technical writing skills would be helpful in order to participate in the development of software user manuals.
- Design development, code, test, and debug new software or complex enhancements to existing software.
- Works with technical staff to understand and develop resolution of software problems.
- Resolves customer complaints with software and responds to suggestions for software modifications or enhancements.
- Develops and maintains software user manuals.
- May interface with hardware development teams.
Skills and Experience:
- Degree Computer Science/Engineering, Software Engineering
- Domain knowledge of software data structures and programming methodology, computer architecture, and operating systems / systems programming
- Fluency in programming languages
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and proficiency with MS office
- 3+ years experience software systems
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.