Project Manager - Navigation Center Job
|Employer Name: DESC
|Location: Seattle, Washington
||Date Posted: 4/10/2019
|Wage: 57,184.00 - 64698 Yearly Salary
||Category: Social Services
|Job Code: 109144306
Location: Seattle, WA
Days Off: Saturday, Sunday
Pay Range: $57,184 - $64,698
Shift Differential: N/A
Location: Navigation Center
Region: International District/Downtown
Shift: Office Day
Insurance Benefits: Dental, Life, Long-term Disability, Medical
Other Benefits: Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), ORCA card subsidy, Paid Time Off (34 days per year), Retirement Plan
The Navigation Center Project Manager leads a 24-hour a day, 7-day a week team of professionals providing emergency shelter and service navigation for unsheltered individuals experiencing homelessness. The Project Manager oversees, in conjunction with the City of Seattle and DESC senior leadership, all aspects of management and service delivery at the DESC Navigation Center.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee all operations of the Center in accordance with all Management and Service plans, DESC operating policies and procedures, in conjunction with the Senior Program Manager and the assigned City of Seattle Planner, Department of Neighborhoods and city Navigation Team.
- Partner with the City of Seattle in operational oversight, contract compliance activities, and neighborhood relations.
- Manage all project operations in a fashion that is compliant with all project contracts.
- Oversee hiring, orientation, scheduling, supervision, and evaluation of all project staff. Directly supervise Data and Program Assistant, Case Management Supervisors, and Service Coordinator Supervisors. Indirectly supervise all other project staff.
- Facilitate staff meetings and trainings.
- Coordinate services of outside agencies in the Navigation Center and maintain effective liaisons with referral agencies.
- Collaborate with key partners and stakeholders, including the designated referral partners, the city Navigation Team and the Human Services Division, to ensure smooth implementation, operations, and communication.
- In conjunction with DESC clinical supervisors and managers, coordinate program integration for service delivery in the Center.
- Provide oversight of food service, vendor coordination, facility maintenance, and supply and furnishing needs.
- Oversee data collection process in accordance with project compliance and evaluation activities.
- Approve expenditures.
- Promote and maintain positive relationships with the surrounding neighborhood; attend community meetings as needed or assigned.
- Report extraordinary occurrences to the Housing Program Manager and provide follow-up as necessary.
- Ensure enforcement of Center rules to promote safety and security of staff and clients.
- Respond to emergencies and intervene in crises as necessary.
- Respond to client complaints.
- Participate in on-call rotation to provide consultation and/or crisis intervention as needed.
- Fill in for absent staff, during and outside of normal working hours, if necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- MSW or related degree. BA and substantial relevant employment experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- One-year supervisory experience.
- Highly organized and able to effectively manage large, complex tasks and stakeholder relationships and provide leadership to large team.
- Direct Service experience
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with a diverse set of stakeholders
- Ability to work flexible hours as required by program and staffing needs, including occasional evenings or weekends.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with staff from various backgrounds.
- Ability to work effectively with clients displaying a wide range of unpleasant and/or bizarre behavior.
- Subscribe to the philosophy of cooperation and continuity across programs and of consideration and respect for clients.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English.
- Three years clinical direct service.
Strong applicants are able to demonstrate the ability to be positive in their empathetic responses to all persons, and value a non-judgmental response to sensitive issues. Candidates should be able to accept feedback and work in a highly collaborative and potentially stressful environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit, communicate with other employees, required to lift and carry items weighing up to 25 pounds and to operate computer hardware systems. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
DESC is committed to diversity in the workplace, and promotes equal employment opportunities for all staff members and applicants. The Agency will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability in any employment practice, unless based on a bona fide occupational qualification. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Years of Experience Required: 2
Web Site: http://www.Click2Apply.net/dswcxpcknmdt8bkn
|Contact Name: Apply Online